Thursday, November 29, 2018

Thursday

Well, the day started off OK.  We had to get up early to go to the warehouse because one of Ron's supervisors was coming out to 1.  Do our "quarterly".  2.  Do our "yearly".  And 3.  Pick up the business conference receipts and get our reimbursement started. 

So we had to get to work early.  I got up early, took my shower, got dressed in a navy t-shirt and black jeans.  I wore, as always, my black steel toed sneakers. 

A note about Biscuit, and forgive me if I told you already, a few days ago I got up early to check out pickup.  While up, I fed the cats, then went back to bed for another hour.  Biscuit joined me.  When I got up, the second time, he begged as though I had not fed him.  Sneaky devil! 

I got Ron up, ready, and presentable.  It was supposed to be very warm today.  We went to the warehouse.  The driver seemed nice, it was a straight trip, and not hard to get to the warehouse.  We only wanted a couple of things. 

Sure enough, we got in, Ron started whining about being hungry.  I went over to the baked goods section and read him all the choices.  I also added commentary on which selections gave me migraines.  :p  He wanted banana nut muffins.  I got some other pastries that looked OK, and Jack likes. 

I paid and we waited.  I had woken up with a headache and started my cycle but happily all that happened at home where I had supplies. 

Our ride came, late.  Same driver as before.  This time I don't know.  Either she just suddenly dropped her abilities to below average, or she was playing head games.  We were supposed to be a straight trip.  10 miles to work.  She took this long, winding, route in the opposite direction.  When loading Ron, she took the muffins from him and put them under her seat, and wouldn't give an adequate explanation.  I didn't like my pastries, so I gave her the other 3/4 and she was excited to give them.  I could only figure she was hoping we'd "forget" to get the muffins back and she'd get them too.  It made no sense otherwise. 

Ron told her it was important we get to work to meet our supervisor.  She took the scenic route in the opposite direction and "played baffled why I am I going in the wrong direction?"  Either I should be very frightened that someone clearly not up to the job had us in her care, or she was trying to piss us off.  If the latter, it didn't work. 

The muffin had made Ron very amicable and he didn't care.  So she suddenly sharpened up and took us to work by the normal route.  I was really happy to get out of there.  I don't like it when people play games.   Ron, on his own, "found" the muffins and took them with him when he left. 

I got Ron, and our stuff, into the building.  We stocked for a while and the supervisor came.  She met with us, did our reviews.  We gave her the receipts.  I forgot to ask her about my bad cart.  But Ron can call her about that.  We signed everything and she left. 

Sales are better.  We have a lot of temporary workers shoveling money into the machines, praise God.  One wandered around holding a credit card in hand, looking lost.  Ron told him we are cash only.  I suggested I could make change for a bill up to a $20.  He didn't have any cash on him. 

He was pretty upset, especially when Ron said it was a bad idea to buy snacks on your credit card.  Shut up, Ron!  I helped some customers and teased one about joining the "Platinum Club" for buying 2 items.  They like that. 

I venture to say they will force us to put credit cards in our machines in the near future.  The readers, I mean.  It will cost us money but we will probably be forced to do it anyway.  I hope that is a ways off. 

I helped Ron take coins out of the vending machines and then he went off to sort it with his machine.  I had put some magnets on him at the start of the day so he wouldn't get too stiff.  He tends to overdo at work. 

Then, time to go.  We left, it was warm, breezy, and humid.  Really a nice day.  We went home. 

I took a nap.  I had some digestive issues from something I ate yesterday.  It was a little alarming. 

And my cycle wasn't kidding today, normally it kind of works up to that level but not today. 

Ron had made a trip to get some early dinner.  Our ride to go there was early.  Good.  We got there and had a good meal, everything was done just right.  I asked the manager to compliment the cook and he said he would.  Employers love to hear their staff are doing a great job. 

We left.  It was noticeably colder, drizzling, and very windy.  Acorns were falling off a big oak tree.  One of them hit Ron in the head.  I had a perverse thought "How do you know that is the tree dropping an acorn on you and not me throwing it at you?"  Ron made a face at me and I gently tossed an acorn at his head, it bounded off his forehead and he laughed. 

We were pretty chilled waiting on our ride.  I had a hoodie but Ron was just wearing his t-shirt and pants.  He was pretty uncomfortable (and the weather said the low would be about 72 tonight) by the time the driver arrived. 

The driver found us and parked, got off, greeted us.  The dispatch radio was up a little loud.  Ron asked him to turn it down, he did.  We got on, it was a little cool.  Ron asked him to turn on the heat, he did.  The driver secured the wheelchair properly and checked Ron's pass like he should. 

He started driving, and Ron began complaining bitterly about the GPS.  It was a little loud but NOT SO LOUD YOU COULDN'T THINK.   He didn't turn it down.  Ron got more and more upset.  He said he wanted the manifest number. 

You only need that to call in a complaint, which can cost someone their job.  I told Ron it was not worth it. 

Then he told the driver if he didn't like driving, there were other jobs. 

Strongly implied he would get the driver fired. 

I was very upset with Ron by this point.  I reminded him of all the things the driver HAD done for him.  He didn't want to hear it.  The driver was trying to be professional, never reacted, just simply asked Ron if he wanted the name as well.  I said that wasn't necessary. 

Ron said everyone would get what was coming to them.  I told Ron that applied to him, too. 

He got Ron off the van pretty quick at home and I told them both I had to run to the bathroom, pushing Ron up the driveway quickly.  I did have to go, I had strange cramps and gurglings.  I got to the bathroom in time, thank God. 

I was not happy with Ron for threatening the driver's job over, what can only be termed as, petty bullshit.  If you get on being demanding and ask for 3 things, get 2, count yourself happy someone came for you at all. 

You may have a different opinion. 

It really bothered me that, after all that, Ron started preaching at the man.  You have just made yourself loathsome in his eyes.  Why would he listen to, or receive, ANYTHING you have to say?  You just inoculated him against Jesus.  That's a very bad thing to do. 

I was in the bathroom for a while.  I told Ron people pay good money for a cleanse and I got one for free!  I always try to look for the positive. 

We have some work things to do tonight but I am going to bed early. 

Oh, and the boss lady told us we could write off a new computer for Ron, since he needs it for work.  That is good to know. 

That's it for now. 

No comments: