Thursday, September 7, 2017

A trip to the Payment Center

So, yesterday afternoon we went to Denny's.  They were out of a lot of staples and Ron and I had to readjust our orders.  Then the family came in with the 3 wild children, screaming, running around, throwing things.

When they left, it looked like most of their food had ended up on the floor.  It was a little taxing.  I felt bad for the employees.

We ate our food.  I was bad and had a shake, but my weight is down this morning.  Sometimes that happens with me, I have a cheat, I lose weight, but I don't suggest it as a weight loss method.   I always expect to gain.

We came home.  Biscuit met me at the door; he was hungry.  I fed him his dinner, his favorite meal of the day.  He likes dinner because he gets a scoop of dry food.  Baby Girl seemed fine after her "procedure" and I went to bed early.  I didn't sleep well, I kept waking up, having trouble dropping off.

I had to get up at a certain time today; we were going to Walmart to pay the electric bill.  Basically, about a year ago, Ron tried to use his bank account number to pay, blanked out on the number, entered what he thought was the number, and it was declined.  Ever since then the computer has refused to accept his payments over the phone; we have to take the bill to the payment center and pay it that way.

The "take it to the payment center" method does work, though.  The bill wasn't bad, only about $80, and Ron had overpaid it last time so we only owed $40-something.  Ron was able to arrange a better pricing plan in February, of 5.1 cents a Kwh.

Of course our ride was late.  It is a guy who is often late, picking us up.  A lot of drivers are telling us they have really long commutes to West and Southwest Houston, due to the damage from the flooding.  Some areas, apparently, are still flooded.

We got to Walmart and paid the bill.  The lady was very nice.  Here's a hint, if you are using the Bill Pay center at Walmart, use it before you get the cart full of groceries.  The full shopping carts created obstacles and made it difficult to navigate.  And then people are always (myself included) paranoid about anyone getting near their cart, going to "steal" their stuff.  [sigh]

I couldn't leave Ron where I normally do, by the door, because an old lady with a walker and a full shopping cart was waiting there.  I assumed she was waiting on paratransit.  I put Ron over by the DVD rental "box".

I did my shopping, I didn't get a lot this time.  On the list: pepperoni, the shelf-stable kind.  I like eating it and it is good for storage.  I got 5.  I also got some more fruit, and Claratin.  My eyes have been itching horribly the last week.  It finally dawned on me,this is mold from the flooding.  Not in the house, but just in the overall air.  I also got a pill cutter because 10 mg Claratin makes me freak out, but 5 mg works.

I could have gotten the child formula, but it has child proofing and is very difficult to open.  Not something I want to deal with at 4 AM.

I thought about getting more cat food but I still have plenty.  I decided to use that up.

I checked out and saved my receipt, ,they have been checking receipts when I use my reusable bags.  I don't blame them, a lot of thieves, but it's frustrating if I don't have my receipt right at hand "I'm not a crook, really...."  So I store it in my shirt pocket and have it available.

Of course they didn't ask to see it.

Then I had to wait in a LONG line for the bank (should have done this before I got my shopping cart) so I could make my deposit for my auto-pays.  I wanted to make the deposit when I still had some money, before it "hurts".

Then I went to McDonalds.  I explained what I wanted, very clearly, to the cashier.  Two patties of meat on bread.  No cheese.  No condiments.  Just two patties of meat.  She rang me up.  Then I ordered two double cheeseburgers with everything, add bacon, for Ron.

We waited a while but our ride came fast.  It's a nice driver I like.  I quietly asked Ron if he minded, if I gave the driver one of "his" burgers.  He said, go ahead.

Ron can be very generous.

We came home, I took my meds, (including half a Claratin), and took a nap.  I slept pretty well, woke up with Biscuit lying on my legs.  I got up because I was thirsty.  I need to go to bed pretty soon so I may feed Biscuit early.

He keeps popping up, putting his head and front legs on my thigh, looking pitiful, wanting his dinner.  So, I guess I'll go and give it to him.  He is, after all, a good boy.

Tomorrow I get up at 2 AM to go to work.  Hopefully Dr Pepper is up and running, and can get us our supplies.  We are running low on canned soda.

And I probably need to stock again.  Can't forget that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sending you and the Kittos..big hugs!!!!!
Stay safe!

I have started and completed 3 days of eating lower carb and close to paleo but i eat corn tortillas and some kind of raw grain high protein tortilla thing ..and I do eat cheese yogurt and butter...or I get mean....and leg cramps ...do you have a Trader Joe's? They are great for Paleo look online if you do not know I have no idea where they are in the country but they would be great for you lots of good easy healthy (and unhealthy fattening things ) food at half the price of something like a Whole Foods

You give Ron so much credit for what you do in life ..it is you that is generous and you are the one who manages everything ..much love and empathy