Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Two days in one, again.

Yesterday was a pretty long day.  We went to work and stocked.  My machines were about empty; I had a lot of work to do.  I also helped Ron.

We worked at that for hours.  The other vendor told me they were robbed for over a thousand dollars in merchandise.  I have never been so happy I keep inventory levels low.

And no, it is NOT OK to rob someone because you failed to plan for the hurricane.  Everyone at work should have brought at least a couple of extra meals, and small bills and change for the vending machines.  The machines were NOT empty at the time they robbed our stockroom.

From what we can figure, they took a ladder and went in through the drop ceiling.  We have so much stuff crammed in there, it's a miracle they didn't break a leg when they dropped through the ceiling.  Then they opened the door from the inside and started taking things out.

We didn't have a lot of inventory, but the other guys did.  So they got robbed, we were more secondary.  They got maybe $100 in merchandise from us.  Enough to hurt, but not as bad as the other guys.

I hate thieves.  I especially hate thieves who justify it.  "Well, we were hungry."   That's your own damned fault.  You knew the storm was coming.  I knew the storm was coming on Wednesday, it hit Saturday night.  You mean to say you couldn't make some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?

Ron and I are both crippled; we managed to prepare and we don't even have a car.  Ugh.

I am done talking about that.  We took the money out of the machines and counted it, just enough to buy supplies.

After work, we went to the bank.  The bank had hellacious long lines, and only one teller working the business window.  She had a lot of complex transactions so things were very slow.  We waited at least an hour, I didn't time it.

Finally done.  My feet were killing me, in my work boots, standing so long.  We went home, I took a nap.

I slept OK.  When I got up I ate my leftover hamburger from the other day.  Then I went to bed early.
Yesterday, Ron accidentally called Chuck, who said he was available to take Baby Girl to get her microchip.  I want to do that.  I want to know, if something happens, I can get my cat back.  Baby Girl is 5, and finicky about who she likes.  I don't want her living in some shelter until she gets put down because I didn't get a microchip.

So, we arranged to do that today.  Ron called the vet, they were happy to do it.

I got up early today, took my shower, ate my fruit salad and took my pills.  I got the carrier and put it on the floor.  Biscuit, who came in the shower with me this morning, and then laid next to it, decided to go inside.  He had a good sniff and left.

Baby Girl was sleeping over by Ron's wheelchair.  I waited until the last possible moment and then stuffed her into the box.  She fought me, as any healthy cat will, but I got her "stuffed".  She was crying a lot and Ron was asleep.

Ron always hates it when I put the cats in a carrier.  He always wants me to let them out because they sound so miserable.  I took her outside.

The #2 family were outside.  They were talking and their dogs were yapping (while they were outside in the front, they left the dogs in the backyard.  Those poor dogs are covered in mats.).  Baby Girl shut up.

Chuck came after a couple minutes and we got her loaded.  She started to vocalize again.  Poor baby.  She hates going to the vet, but, like I told her, this will only happen once.

We got her in there.  They covered the carrier with a blanket and applied the Feliway, like they always do.  Baby Girl meowed for a while longer but calmed down.

I think she was feeding off my energy, and I was very calm and relaxed.  A tech came in and said he would be inserting the chip.  He had a huge needle.

I didn't watch them to it, but he did scan her afterward to demonstrate it was in her.  The receptionist told me she would be entering the information for Baby Girl into the network, so she's done.

I don't have to worry about losing her in a natural disaster; I have done everything possible, for all my cats, to get them back.  Good.

Lou the cab driver is bringing Ron a case of vodka.  Ron will use his remote to open the garage, then Lou can drop the case, and then leave.  Ron will then close the door, getting all this accomplished from the warmth of his own bed.  He isn't even dressed.  Well, not completely.

And, Lou just called.  I have to admit Ron has been a little better behaved the last couple days, since he only had one bottle.  It's when he has a lot that we run into trouble.  Well, he makes trouble for me.
Once the delivery is complete I plan to take a nap.  Apparently our local school district is out due to the flood.  Hopefully the kids will let me sleep.

It is nice, much cooler today.  I almost wanted a jacket when I left the house with Baby Girl today.

I was happy to see that it looks like Hurricane Irma will not be coming to Texas.  I was worried about that, on top of Harvey.  It might be a little much.

I am praying for Florida and whoever else gets hit, it looks pretty nasty.  My adoptive grandmother lives in Florida but her son and daughter in law are getting her out.

I can't imagine, even if I could drive, what a nightmare it would be to evacuate with Ron and the cats.

No comments: