Wednesday, September 27, 2017

"People don't steal food, here"

I didn't sleep well last night and woke up depressed.  I will say I didn't have a headache. 

I had a problem.  If you are squeamish you might want to skip the next little bit.  **As I mentioned, I'm having my period.  Since my flow had increased I went up on my absorbency. 

Now, if you are a tampon user you know about the little knot at the end of the string.  If I have trouble pulling out the tampon (didn't absorb enough), then I can slide my finger between the two strings, and pull on the knot to remove it. 

However, this batch didn't have good knots in the string.  When I pulled on it, the knot unravelled and I was stuck trying to remove a naughty tampon that didn't want to vacate.  I didn't need this.  Ron was asleep, or I might have recruited him, instead I took my shower. 

After my shower I girded myself and tried giving the string a tug.  It came right out.  [sigh]  Before I put in the next one, I checked the string, it was also almost unknotted, so I tightened it up and then inserted it. 

I will have to tighten all my knots before I use these.  Just a manufacturing problem.  **

I got ready to leave.  Ron woke up and got dressed. 

Our ride arrived.  Ron was immediately very unhappy as the air conditioner was on, loudly, the radio was turned up, and the GPS was set to maximum volume.  The driver corrected the first two, when asked, but refused to turn down the GPS. 

I felt bad for her as Ron embarked on a campaign of verbal abuse, threatening to call in a complaint (which affects their ability to get a raise); calling her "A blank" which was pretty clear, I thought.  I was very uncomfortable, trapped between them. 

When we disembarked, I suggested quietly that she might have a hearing problem, and "needed" to have the volume up.  He scoffed at me and threatened to call in a report on her again, then called her a few names. 

Why did we go to the Sam's club?  Ron wanted to see if they had "all our stuff".  They did not.  They did have Big Red, which he said he needed, so I bought some.  Then we had to wait an hour on our ride to work. 

I bought some muffins because I was hungry, they were large blueberry muffins, not individually wrapped, in a clear plastic container.  I ate two. 

Our ride arrived.  Ron complained because she was playing a Spanish radio station.  She turned it off.  I gave her a muffin.  She ate it while driving us to work. 

They were very good muffins. 

We got to work and went inside.  A lot of people were sitting around at lunch.  Normally, I store our items on a table close to Snack 1 and 2.  A couple were sitting there, though, so I didn't.  I stored the muffins off to the side, next to Snack 2, partly under the vending machine so Ron wouldn't run over it with the wheelchair. 

I went in the stockroom.  I talked to the other vendor's employee for a couple minutes while I began my setup.  I went out again.  My muffins were gone.  I asked the couple if they had seen someone take them. 

The woman got very indignant "People don't steal food, here".  I laughed at that.  I know of at least 2 incidents where that did happen.  Three if you count them robbing our stockroom. 

"Nobody saw nuthin" so I went on about my day. 

I stocked the machines and did my inventory.  I had to make some things "work" and I didn't have time to do the pastry.  Let them eat muffins. 

We did it all and finally left.  We went to the bank.  The driver was nice.  For once, Ron didn't have a complaint. 

They are remodeling the bank.  The business banking line was gone.  They had us wait off to the side for a while, then helped us. 

Flood insurance deposit made, we called our usual cabs.  One was going to the doctor.  One was going to court, hopefully not for a DUI! 

Ron called Yellow Cab.  They sent a very nice man who came very quickly.  For once, Ron didn't have any complaints.  We got home and unloaded. 

I ate some peanut butter and took my pills.  Then I took a nap.  I slept pretty well, but when I woke up Ron was in cranky mode again, name calling, verbal abuse, doing everything he could to hurt me. 

He got especially angry with me when Biscuit started begging for dinner.  "You're starving him!"  "You're fat and you've got him on a diet?"  etc. 

I did notice the water bowl was low, so I got him to move (he was in the kitchen, drinking vodka), and filled it.  Then I fed Biscuit because he only had about 10 minutes anyway.  I didn't tell Ron I was feeding the cats.  I just did it.  I gave them tuna (cat food) because I'm sure they don't like Ron's ugly any more than I do.  I chose to be with him but they didn't, and it isn't fair to them. 

By the way, at work, I mentioned leaving Ron and taking the cats.  Ron got very upset.  I don't know if it's his head injury, but he can't see cause = effect.  He can't understand what he does to me has a direct effect on my willingness to stay. 

My favorite was castigating me for my weight, for about 20 minutes.  He had just weighed himself and came in at 150.  He was very smug about it.  So he's yelling at me, deriding me, about my weight, making really hateful comments: then he makes some popcorn and offers it to me, several times. 

I really don't like popcorn.  It gets stuck in my teeth.  He wouldn't take "no" for an answer and kept insisting I eat some.  I kept telling him no.  He finally gave up. 

I need to go to bed pretty soon so I can get up bright and early for our big inventory supply day with Chuck.  I will have to do more work than I am accustomed to, Jack is really good about helping me.  Chuck has some physical issues. 

At any rate, tomorrow will be a sweaty and taxing day.  I have a good deodorant, a good deodorant soap, and I may tie a bandana around my hair to control the frizziness. 

We'll see. 

Hopefully Ron will be in a better mood. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel free of abuse an Happy Heather

I get why you are there call for DV help when you are ready they can help you with shelter and transition to work

Much love and faith in you

The shelter I stayed in welcomed pets .