Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Dinner with Chuck

Ron woke up, acted like nothing had happened.  I don't think he even remembered the night before.  He acted like "we" were going to dinner so I didn't get into it with him.

I took a nap, had a pretty good one, and got up around 2:30.  Around 3:10, I asked Ron when Chuck was coming.  Ron said 3:45.  Ron let me know he had an alarm set so he'd have time to get ready.

Baby Girl had some more mats.  I managed to clean those up for her, I was able to pretty much just pull them out without hurting her.  She looked a lot better when I finished.

I was ready when Chuck pulled up, Ron wasn't.  I took out 3 empty vodka bottles and brought in the garbage can.  Ron was ready by then.

I took the bag off the back of the wheelchair and left the umbrella at home.  I loaded Ron into the truck (a Ford F-150) and put the wheelchair in the truck bed.

Off we went.  We had some traffic because school had just gotten out.  We arrived at the restaurant.  They always have a nice flock of pigeons outside, I like pigeons.

I pushed Ron inside while Chuck parked and then we waited for Chuck to come into the building.  He did and we were seated.

We had a pretty uneventful dinner.  I cried a little when they played the song "She's in love with the boy".  It is very sad to me, now.

I mentioned that we needed to get Torbie on "Intervention" for her treat addiction, and Chuck replied "No, we need to get RON signed up!"

"I did" I replied "They were very interested but my aunt and uncle wouldn't go on camera."  I also think the program wanted me working on my own, living away from Ron, or at least able to do that quickly.  Since I couldn't do that they turned us down.

I didn't get into all of that but Chuck was quiet for a while (don't forget Chuck is normally the one who buys Ron his vodka, Ron pays him to do it plus a little extra).  We ate our steaks, they were good.

Ron got fried onion on top of his.  No thanks.  I had already eaten some peanut butter and taken my pills, hours ago, so I didn't have to worry about getting sick.

For whatever reason, lithium + friends don't like steak, I always get horribly sick.  I had a salad, and a baked sweet potato with butter, in addition to my steak.  It (the steak) was kind of a funny shape, almost like the State of Texas.  I felt a little odd eating "Texas".  But it was good.  I always get my steak medium.  My Dad and his Mom always liked their steak well done, almost burnt.  I prefer a more tender and juicy steak.

We finished our meals.  Ron put most of his food in a takeout container.  I got dessert, a brownie thing with a large scoop of ice cream.  I ate most of the brownie and about half the ice cream.

The way I saw it, it was my 25th anniversary dinner; and my birthday dinner as well.  So I justified a cheat.

After we finished we went home.  Ron got into the leftovers.  I fed the cats.  Biscuit was upset because I was "late".  I gave him a little extra to apologize ([whispering] Don't tell the vet).

Ron went to bed.  Baby Girl wanted to go out in the garage.  I don't mind letting her out if we're not about to leave.  It is an interesting place, full of unusual smells and experiences.  Let her have some fun.  I don't know what our living situation will be like in a few months so she might as well enjoy the whole house while we can.

I will let her in later.

I'm going to bed now so I will talk to you tomorrow.  Have a good one.

1 comment:

Spankadoo said...

You are a very strong woman and nothing you could have ever done would have changed the course of his behavior

Happy anniversary !
So you did you...cheers here's to you celebrate your mental and physical health and the fact you know and do stay on top of things....glad you had a good night out.