Thursday, September 21, 2017

Garageland (for the cats)

I didn't sleep well last night.  One of my teeth was aching to the point I put on some numbing gel.

It's fine today.

I also woke up with a headache.  It rained today so that could be a factor, the headache did get better after it rained.

I got up and took my shower.  I decided not to shave my legs.  It's my day off, they aren't that bad, and I was wearing my long jeans anyway.

We went to Walmart.  Ron wasn't happy about it but I needed to get some things: Halloween candy, canned food, some grapes, etc.  I also needed some Vitamin E.  I am a big fan of Vitamin E, and with my family's history of heart disease I had better be taking it.

I had just enough time to make my deposit for my crappy health insurance, and run to McDonald's, before our cab came.

We came home, I put away the cold stuff (ice cream, for tomorrow, I won't have cake but I can have ice cream), and took a nap.  I did sleep pretty well in spite of the rain.  It rained pretty hard for a while but I enjoyed it.

A lot of people in Houston discovered undiscovered roof leaks during Harvey.  50" of rain in a couple of days will expose all of that.  In addition to getting a new roof, they had to get new drywall and one person had to buy a new bed.  It's not just flood water that got people.  I don't know anyone who flooded.  But I know plenty who had leaks.

I'm glad I have a good roof and I will definitely use the same company again when it's time.  I am guessing the insurance company will make us change it out before we start having leaks.

I got up, I wasn't really hungry but I ate some chips.  Ron woke up.  He was OK for a while but has been drinking all day.  He isn't ugly tonight.

Baby Girl and Biscuit begged to go out in the garage, so I let them.  The door is down, they can't get out, so they'll be fine.  It's an interesting place for them so let them enjoy it.

I plan to go to bed early after I get the cats back.

Tomorrow is my birthday.  I plan to celebrate Biscuit and Baby Girl's birthdays, too.  What does a cat want?  They want extra food.  So I will be feeding them lots of dry food, in addition to their two cans of wet.

We are also (Ron and I) going out for breakfast.

Oh, I'm tired.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to a great person.

Spankadoo said...

Have a happy birthday dear Heather
Much love and hope you get a good nights sleep so tomorrow will be a fun day

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
You should eat cake too. If you're gonna have a cheat day you should live it up.

Heather Knits said...

Do pancakes count?