Monday, September 18, 2017

A lot about Biscuit, for his fans.

I'll talk about Biscuit first.  He is the gray and white cat with the left eyepatch and gray tail.  He is a big boy, at 16 pounds, and very sweet.

He's pretty smart.  He has figured out dinnertime is 6PM.  OK.  But he wants dinner at 5, so he comes to me as I sit in my computer chair.  I'm seated in a folding chair with the CPU to my left.  Biscuit comes in to the right, sits next to my right foot, and meows.  Then he periodically puts his paws on top of my right thigh to remind me he's hungry.  If he gets really impatient, he digs his claws into my skin, but for obvious reasons I discourage that.  I tell him how many minutes he has left, like a toddler "28 minutes"  "14 minutes" and talk to him as he meows and pats his feet on top of my thigh.
I didn't sleep well last night.  When I got up I headed to the shower.  I began.  Biscuit popped his little gray/white head into the enclosure and meowed at me.  I talked to him, and he left.

When I got out of the shower, I found Biscuit curled up on the tub mat, waiting for me.  He had waited outside the shower while I finished.

Torbie has a new habit, too.  She likes to run across the foot of the bed and jump onto her kitty condo right next to the bed.

When it comes to feeding, Biscuit and Baby Girl go first, then Torbie, after they've left.  It's the same everytime.

Torbie likes the tuna cat food the best, the other two don't care.

So, I got dressed and ready for work.  Our ride was late and traffic was awful.  I told Ron we can't do anymore 7 AM pickups, besides, we had trouble with families doing the "drop off" next door (#6 runs some kind of shuttle bus for their own kids, plus some other families, to the charter school), and blocking our driveway.

Why does everyone want to block my driveway?

We finally got to work.  I barely got started when Andy, the Sandwich guy, called.  I ran out and got the delivery, then stocked it.

Ron was demanding the use of my handcart, I had snacks on it for stocking but I "let" him.  I had to roll the cart around, take things on and off, etc., but he did the stocking.

It's 5 PM and here's Biscuit, pawing at my leg.  "One hour" I told him.  He is rubbing his face against my shin.

Once Ron finished with his work, I finished mine.  I had some limited options for stocking so I did what I could, and put a lot of my core items.  It wasn't terribly fancy or "planorific" (a planogram is a merchandise layout) but it will suffice until I can get some more merchandise.

From what I hear, the Frito Lay plant in Rosenberg flooded, one reason I haven't been able to get a lot of my things.

Biscuit's up to purring, front paws on my thigh.  He knows if he's cute enough, I just might feed him early.  He gets so excited over his dry food he tries to eat it out of the scoop.

So we did it all at work, finished up, and went outside.  We waited outside in the sun for a while, until our driver arrived.

He took us to the bank.  We counted the money at the bank, we don't like to do that, but we had to do it.  One guy was paying a little too much attention, but when he caught me watching him "back"he stopped.  Besides, we were counting $1 bills.  It's not like they were fifties.

We finally finished up and got into line.  One guy seemed to have a crush on one teller, he let us go ahead of him so he could "get" her.

Our teller was good, and accurate, but he kept texting on his cell phone.  He's not going to last long if they catch him doing that.  We completed our business and left.

We called Lou, but he was far away.  So we called one other driver, it went to voicemail.  Then we just called Yellow and got a ride pretty fast.  We went through a drive through and got something to go.  I managed to spill my shake all over my shirt, badgeholder, and pants, but I didn't spill it in the cab.  Ooops.

We got home, I "hit" the stains with pretreater before I ate my meal.  It was good.  I discovered Biscuit had thrown up on the floor.  I took my medication, and took a nap.  {Biscuit is still pestering me for dinner, now he's licking my lower leg}.
I need to do up my pills tonight while I'm doing laundry.  I always hate doing laundry, and pills, but I need to do it.

I had a weird dream in which I wasn't married.  I knew I was, though, but I couldn't remember my husband.  It was very odd.  I woke up and remembered I was married to Ron.

Ron was passed out in the man cave, after sampling his vodka.  I need to get his dirty clothes and pretreat them so I can do a load of clothes.

Ron has gained some weight.  He has been pretty unkind to me over the years about my weight gain, so I found it ironic he has gained some weight, himself.  He needs to buy bigger pants, he says.  He was going to "fast" but I talked him out of it.  I didn't tell Ron, but Doc told me it is very bad for alcoholics to go without eating.

So, we will see how that goes, hopefully I can find some pants.  Oh, I hope the clothing supply chain is not as messed up as the junk food supplies.

That would be awful.

Biscuit is now lying sweetly between my feet, waiting for dinner.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the biscuit stories. Did you have all 3 cats tested for FELV before letting them all live together?

Spankadoo said...

I love the kittytales give each one a little cuddle for me!

Heather Knits said...

I did better than a cuddle, Ron gave them all TREATS!

Torbie was tested for FLV before we adopted her from the shelter. We had Biscuit tested (he was very unhappy about the blood draw) before we decided to keep them (him and Gravy). We never did get Baby Girl tested, but we think she's a Bengal anyway and they don't get FLV. They don't get into fights or groom each other, they do share food and water bowls though.