Monday, September 11, 2017

Plain Ruffles are always a good seller

I had a dairy drink yesterday at Starbucks.  Today, I woke up with a nasty headache.  It has persisted all day, even until now.

Monday is our big stocking day.  I had to be sharp.  I got up early and took some Excedrin, then went back to bed for a little bit.  I got up once I started feeling jittery.

I took my shower.  I wasn't hungry so I didn't eat.  I have learned to listen to my body, if I'm hurting, and not hungry, I shouldn't eat.  That's also how I know when I'm sick; I never have an appetite.

I got dressed and we went in to work.  The machines were pretty bare, the snacks at least.  However, first thing, we had to mail a check to our parent organization.  They get a percentage of our sales every month.

Ron kept interrupting me every couple minutes, it made it very difficult to work, even after I had mailed the check.  Imagine you are stocking a shelf.  Every 3 or 4 items someone pulls you off that work to do something else, then sends you back to stock, only to pull you away again.

If we had the money, sometimes, I swear, I would hire someone whose sole job would be helping Ron.  They would follow him around all day and do whatever he asked, while I got the real work done.  It's a nice fantasy.

I did both jobs, stocking, and helping Ron.  I also did my third job, helping customers.  Various people needed change, etc.

Our sandwich guy called a little late, but earlier than I expected.  I know the route between the company, and our business, has been pretty rough since the flood.  He did very well.

I get the sandwiches for the other company, also, then I deliver them to the other vendor's employee.  I am happy to do this, it's the least I can do.  After all, the other guy takes out the dumpsters, a job I really hate.  I haven't had to do a dumpster in years.  I would do a lot more for this guy if it came down to it; not just because of the dumpster but because he's a nice guy.

Did I mention he has 3 cats?  So, I accepted delivery of 2 boxes.  One marked "My company name" and "Their company name".  I gave "Their" box to the other guy and went to stock "Mine".  However, I found sandwiches I knew we never ordered, and far more of them than I should have had.  I realized the sandwich company had put "Their" order into "My" box.  I chased down the other guy and explained.  His box was about half as full as mine, definitely an order mix up.  We traded boxes and I stocked mine.

I went back to work and finished everything I had come to do.  I was unhappy I had to change some of my lineups.  For instance, the hot mix 1 ounce chips were totally unavailable.  So I had to substitute Chili Cheese Fritos and regular Cheetos instead.  I didn't have the hot Doritos, so I did 2 rows of the plain Ruffles.  Plain Ruffles are always a good seller.

I did what I could.  I wasn't happy but supply chain is all screwed up due to the flood.  What can you do?

Ron, by the way, has been trying to find more canned Dr Pepper and Coke products.  He called Sam's today, they are still out.  He called Walmart, they are out.  So we will have to place an order for more Dr Peppers, with Dr Pepper, and hope they come through this time.

I already told Ron I am not getting up at 2 AM on my birthday, next week, to get soda, so he'd better do it this week.

We finished up and came home.

My headache wasn't too bad at this point.  I took a nap when I got home an the headache worsened, waking me up early.  I took 3 aspirin and went back to bed.  That helped somewhat.

I still wasn't feeling great but Ron wanted to go to Denny's.  He kept talking about chicken fried steak and eggs.  I had no appetite for any kind of protein but figured I could always eat a bowl of fruit salad.

That's what I did.  Ron made his dish "lower carb" by refusing the bread and potatoes that came with the dish.  The cook made fries anyway, which I ate.  Eating the fries actually helped my head.  Ron ate the chicken fried steak with 4 eggs and loved it.

I suggested he get another one, to go.  He did.  He can use more protein.  He just needs to watch his carbohydrate intake and he will be fine.

I lost 80 pounds, twice, on low carb so it works if you can stick with it.  I think he will be fine if he can stay 90% low carb.

Our ride came and we went home.  The driver said part of her ceiling fell in during Harvey and she is living somewhere else until she can get everything fixed.  I told her Ikea is a good store, hopefully she will give them a shot.  You can get a good sleeper sofa for $150.  I know, I have one sitting to my left.  I think it's a Solsta.

Anyway, we came home.  Ron started drinking and went to bed.  I will be going to bed pretty soon because I have to get up early tomorrow.

I see my doctor tomorrow; just my usual checkup.  Then, hopefully, lunch with my aunt and some good times before I have to come back home to, most likely, a very drunk Ron.

He tends to drink to excess when I am gone, forgetting that I have to come back and deal with him in that condition.  I am preparing myself for that.  It's probably one reason I don't leave the house by myself much, anymore.  He is just too out of control when I come back.

[sigh]

No comments: