Thursday, September 14, 2017

About average for Houston

I don't have a lot of time before I go to bed but I will at least crank something out.

I slept in today until about 8:30, pretty late for me.  I ate a couple of meat sticks and took my antidepressant.  Not a good combination.

I took my shower, but didn't do my God Time because Torbie was hogging my spot on the couch.  Not the best argument, but that's what happened.

I played around on the computer most of the day, but don't feel much of it is worth posting.  I took a short nap.

I didn't sleep well, and about the time I was, I had to wake up.  Ron and I were going to Denny's.  He likes their chicken fried steak.

Our ride was a little late but she is very nice, she is a vegan and we tease her about it.  "Think of how many dead animals you could get on your plate".  I think America is one of the few countries were you can actually select your diet.  In many countries you have to take whatever you can get.  Here, you can select.

I ordered eggs, bacon, and sausage, with a fruit salad.  Ron ordered the chicken fried steak with extra eggs.  I asked the waitress to bring extra gravy (brown gravy) and dumped it on the eggs.  Ron loved it.  I ate my food, it was good, and had the fruit salad for dessert.  I have not been eating on plan this week and I didn't want to blow it any longer.

We had some confusion with our pickup, the driver went to the wrong location, and then dispatch called the wrong number, so he went away.  They sent him back so we got our ride eventually.

Ron was worried he might have been a "bad" driver.  I told him he was about average for Houston.  Cutting people off and running red lights are pretty commonplace here, not that I'm saying he did that.  Just that if a driver did do it, it wouldn't be uncommon.

We talked a little about the flood and the driver couldn't believe we almost flooded because we are "up on a hill" so to speak, at least 6 feet above street level.  But we (almost) did.   Thank God we didn't.

Houston really seems to be unhappy with the Red Cross.  I have heard a lot of negativity about them, and nothing positive.  I haven't had any direct experience with flood relief agencies since I didn't flood, but from what I hear the local (and imported) churches and church relief agencies (like Samaritan's Purse) did most of the heavy lifting.

Ron and I need to mail our flood insurance premium.  I will try to get him to do that tomorrow.  I will see it, as I always do, as a donation to a flood victim.  Otherwise it is rather provoking to think about all the thousands we have sent them over the last 10 years or so.  We could almost buy a new house!

Or new to us, at least.

Tomorrow I have to get up very early to get a Dr Pepper delivery.  Hopefully they will actually send the Dr Pepper this time.  We also need to stock, Ron wanted to take 3 days off, and I understand that, but it makes for a lot of work when we get back.

I had a pretty nasty headache yesterday but the Naproxen did a good job on it.  I'm glad I have a prescription for it, it works very well for me.  Which is why I asked for it.  I figured if it would work on killer cramps from hell, and ovarian cyst pain, it would also work on shoulder and migraine pain.  I was right, it's not addictive, I am fine with the side effects, it doesn't cause rebound headaches (like Tylenol), and it doesn't interact with my lithium.  Best of all, it is cheap.  Only $4 for a 60 count prescription.

Speaking of prescriptions, Walmart still doesn't have all my pills.  The "rest" (apparently they have one prescription) are coming tomorrow, supposedly.  Normally I get them in one day.  This time, post flood, has taken a couple additional days.  Happily I am not "out".

I need to go feed the cats before I go to bed.  More tomorrow.

1 comment:

Spankadoo said...

I wonder if you could call Walmart early they have not had your full order before. And make sure they have the inventory ahead of your refill

If they were really on their game they would order ahead for you knowing your order routine

Oh well that is a perfect world
OOOXXX