Sunday, September 3, 2017

All good things...

I knew it couldn't last.  #6 had all 6 kids corked up in his house for the last week.  Not a peep.  It was great.  You wouldn't have even guessed they had kids.

Now, not so much.  That weird music I heard during the storm has been explained, it was playing at a loud volume on the karaoke machine/amplifier.  Not just that, but kids talking into a microphone on the amplifier, for whatever reason.

Apparently we don't run around and scream anymore, we're having some sort of event.  Normally I wouldn't care but I do care when it's late at night, and affects my sleep.  My only hope is they have a 3 year old.  As far as I can tell they are not feeding the kids sugary, caffeinated beverages.  The little one is bound to get tired, and I'm sure they'll be quiet and let her sleep.  They just keep turning the music up and down, up and down, some kind of weird new age crap, and the talking.
Maybe some sort of demented Harvey memorial service?  I don't know.  But waking up your neighbors is a really lousy way to do it.

This is why I didn't want to go to a shelter.  This is exactly why.  Other people are nuts, and have no respect for others.  Rude!  I can't abide rude people.

Sleep deprivation is torture.  Some of us can't "Catch up on it later".  We need our sleep when we're used to getting our sleep, and I think 9:30 PM is a pretty reasonable time for sleeping.  No, we don't have to work tomorrow, but we have other things going, things we can't change.  And my cat expects his breakfast at 6 AM.

Anyway, I guess we are out of disaster mode and back to "normal".  I have been expecting more noise as the weather gets more pleasant but wan't expecting all this, so soon.

Suck it up, Heather.

No comments: