Sunday, September 24, 2017

Cod, Sole, and Shrimp

So, yesterday I woke up at 4 AM, on my anniversary no less (worked my anniversary last year, too).  I got ready and we left for Sam's Club.

Ron had given me a list of things we needed to buy for his side of the business.  I have my own, mental, list for my side of things.  I couldn't find half the things on either list.

Ron was most unhappy.  We need these things for work.  He called the other Sam's and they had his stuff.

When Jack came, Ron begged him to take us to the other store so we could "finish".  He also offered Jack a considerable bonus.  Jack said OK.

Off we went, to the other store.  When I got there I found Ron's stuff already sitting on a flatbed, waiting to be bought.  Ron had asked me to add 2 more Cokes to the cart, so I did.  On my way to find the carts I found some things I needed for snacks.  I threw those in with the rest.

Ron texted me.  He was having hysterics over me "taking time" to buy the other stuff.  I explained I was in line behind a woman who was buying, literally, 3 things.  I was next, then I would come out.  Ron calmed down.

I paid, went out, and we loaded the truck.  We barely had enough room but we made it.  I had Ron call in a compliment for Store #2.

We went to work.  We had a long time unloading it all but we got it.

Snacks looked terrible, so I got Ron started on his stuff and then I stocked.  Happily, I had enough inventory to really stock things right.  It took me a while, but I got it.

It helped that Mars had produced a variety box of candy, several different bars, several of each, in an assorted box for 57 cents a bar.  I sell them for $1 each, that's set in our contract, so we almost make a profit there.

Ron stayed busy with the soda end of things.  I can see why new people doubt he is blind.  It's funny, either is is not blind, and faking it, because he does "too much for a blind person"; or he is a helpless blind baby who should have been kept at home the day of the accident, even though he walked to work every day for 30 years.

Anyway, this is about my anniversary.  Since we spent extra time going to get the second load, I had Ron delay our pickup for a while.

He warned me it meant I would not get a nap.  I knew that.

We finally finished and went home.  I had enough time to lie down for half an hour before we left.

We went to the BBQ place.  Ron did his "I'm fasting" thing and only ate a little BBQ beef.  I ate a hamburger and had a slice of pie, it's my 25th wedding anniversary.  I will probably not see a 50th (Ron would be 87).  We had good rides to and from, nice drivers.

We came home.  I was exhausted.  I texted my parents I would call them tomorrow and I went straight to bed.

I slept pretty well last night.  I woke up at 7 today, because Ron wanted to take me to Walmart.  He is concerned about his weight (he has gained 5-10 pounds) so he doesn't want to eat out anymore.  He wants me to eat at home, only.  I told him I can do that but I needed a trip to Walmart to get some food.

He did that.  "We" had about an hour.  Ron waited up front while I did the shopping.  He did want cat treats for the cats.  While I was on the cat food aisle, I bought a few new "fishy" cans of cat food.  My gang seem to like the fishy stuff.

[Side note, when I got home, I fed it to them "Cod, Sole, and Shrimp Feast" - they all loved it.  I will have to get more.]

I also got some more Tuna Feast because Torbie loves that.  So do the other 2.

For me, I got some apples, fruit in juice, sliced meat (not really paleo but an easy dinner), etc.  I got a great cashier who was nice about ringing me up.  A lot of the cashiers hate the reusable bags and get an attitude, but she didn't.  She was very nice.

We had about a 15 minute wait on our ride.  He is a fun guy, I had a good time kidding around with him.  I told him Ron was my love slave.  The driver looked a little nauseated.

We got home and Ron wanted to eat in the kitchen.  That was fine but I had to wait on him to do that, then do his drinking ritual.

You may be interested in that.  He takes a drink off the vodka bottle, spits it into a shot glass.  Whatever is left is spit back into the vodka bottle.  Then he drinks the shot glass.  Next he has a cold bottle of water.  He takes a drink off that.

Biscuit keeps getting into my lap, begging for dinner.  He's pretty cute.

I'm trying to teach him not to use his claws when he puts his front end in my lap.  I am happy to have him sit there and pet him, as long as he isn't digging into me.

He is getting better about that.

When I could, I put away my food, and then I took a nap.  The neighbor dogs went crazy barking a couple of times, there must be a loose dog running around.  They woke me up a couple of times.

I finally got up, checked my computer.  One contentious thread involving the use of psych medication has finally been closed down.

I can't believe people really want "us" running around unmedicated.  It just boggles me.

At any rate, aside from that things have been quiet.

I need to clean the litterboxes, call my parents, and then I can go to bed.  I assume tomorrow will be another 4 AM pickup, assuming Ron remembered to call it in.  I hope so.

At any rate, that's it for now.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ron's weight gain could be from alcohol.
Does he realize that?
Look up the calories in his drink of choice

Anonymous said...

My daughter found some glue on nails for her 🐱 it doesn't hurt when she claws me.
They are pink.

Heather Knits said...

Unfortunately, Ron's attitude is: if food and alcohol are making me fat, I will keep the alcohol and cut out the food.

We went out to lunch today. He sat there with a drink and "watched" me eat. Complaining about how "fat" he is the whole time.

I outweigh him by about 100 pounds. How is that going to make me feel?

Anonymous said...

All we can do is our best.
My husband eats like a bird compared to me and never struggled with his weight.