Friday, September 22, 2017

Free Lunch

Ron asked me where I wanted to go, yesterday.  Rather, yesterday, he asked me where I wanted to go, today.

I told him Denny's.  About 20 years ago I went to Denny's for a free birthday breakfast and I was pretty sure they still did them.

I slept OK last night, but woke up with another headache.  A family member tells me she had horrible pms headaches while she had her cycle.  The week before her period was particularly bad.  I think there's some merit in that.  I think it's probably that.

Of course my recent cheats haven't helped, either.

So, I got up at 3 and took 3 aspirin.  I went back to bed and slept fitfully until I woke up around 7.  I got up, took my shower, did some Bible Study, got on the computer, etc.

I am amazed people still don't understand the differences in psych meds.  One medication is not another.  If one doesn't work for you another probably will.  That's like refusing to take an antibiotic because aspirin didn't help a headache.  Totally different.

Of course I always get that one person who says I am sharing too much, go hide in my closet, etc.  I won't do that because people need to know you can win at mental illness.

Ron woke up and got dressed.  He is still "fasting".  This morning he was lecturing me I need to stop eating out.  Excuse me, you're the one who wants to do that.  I am happy to eat at home if you run me to Walmart for some supplies first.  He agreed he will do that.

Our ride was late, and didn't follow the directions on her GPS, so we ended up going way out of the way to get there.  We finally arrived around lunchtime.

It was pretty busy.  I was happy for them, the restaurant needs to be busy to stay in business, but it is hard to get refills, etc.

I explained it was my birthday and asked if they had a special menu for that.  She said no, but I could get anything on the "Build your own Slam" menu.  I am very well acquainted with that menu.  She left after bringing us drinks (Ron at least had a diet Coke).  I ordered scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage (had I been honest with myself I would have gotten double bacon), pancakes, and "I know I have to pay for it, but" fruit salad.

I ate.  It was good.  I couldn't finish the fruit salad, I will have it for breakfast tomorrow.

Our ride was going to be late, so Ron called and had them fix it.  They knew he was a wheelchair.

The bill came, $13.  I took some money, and my ID card, up the front, to pay.  $5.60.  I paid.  We left a good tip (on the $13, not the $5), on the table.  I got a container for my fruit salad.

Our ride arrived.  We went out.  He is a real fun loving, semi-crazy, African guy.  I like him a lot.  He is a real character and doesn't let things get him down.

We had another pickup before we went home, and when we got there, they had an ambulatory client, and one in a wheelchair.  The wheelchair cab only holds one wheelchair in the back.  The other client managed to get out, and got into the vehicle (it was a little nervy, though, she wasn't stable at all), sitting in the backseat with her husband and Ron.  Then the driver folded up both wheelchairs and put them in the back compartment.  I gave the driver a hard time about "Giving us the wrong wheelchair" when we got home.  He said he would give us the wrong one "Because you are fat and you need a bigger one, sir".  I told you the guy was a nut.  Ron is maybe 160, and had told the driver about the fasting thing.  I still find that funny.

We got home.  The driver asked if I could get him a bottle of water, I said sure. I got one.  When I got out he had pushed Ron all the way up the garage.  Ron was in the right wheelchair.  So we were good.
I rolled him in the house.  I had taken my medication with lunch so I was fine in that regard.

I decided to take a nap.  But the poor little dogs next door kept going yap, yap, yap.  Allow me to relate their conditions when outside.  They are in a run, about 2 feet high, 2 feet wide, maybe 10-15 feet long.  The run is made of metal.  The top is covered with some sort of fabric, presumably to keep the sun off the dogs.  The dogs are left outside in this run for 12 hours at a time.  They are some sort of longhaired lap dogs, covered in mats, at least the one I met.

Will I ever have a neighbor dog that isn't neglected and abused?  So, I don't blame the dogs for yapping, they have nothing else to do, but it does get old when I am trying to sleep.   They woke me up a couple of times.

I remember I had a dream, I was trying to get home from work, in a beautiful city.  The city had lovely blue and lavender building lights and I felt very safe.  It had great public transit.  I have had dreams about this city for a while now, I think it's an analogy for heaven.  I remember thinking "This is so much better than Texas", and I love, adore, my Houston.

I woke up after that, feeling good.  I checked my phone, I had heard some text message tones.  I had one from the transit company (I signed up for alerts) and one from my aunt, who has been busy with grandchildren.  Her family is lucky to have her.

Ron is still asleep.  I asked him, nicely, to please moderate his drinking on today of all days.  He acted as though he has never been ugly when drinking.

Oh, and Biscuit has come by to remind me: I celebrated the cats' birthdays, too, today.  I gave them a bonus scoop of dry food with breakfast this morning.  They went nuts, they love dry food.  They will also get a scoop (as usual) with dinner.  They won't be losing any weight today.

Torbie slept in the kitty condo next to my bed while I napped today, she was very cute.  Baby Girl meowed and showed me her spotted tummy when I came in the house earlier, she is pretty cute!

I have some pints of ice cream in the freezer.  I just need to decide if I want the pink camo ice cream, or the cookie two step, for my treat. I am thinking cookie two step.  It has oreos and cookie dough.

Tomorrow my mini-vacation is at an end; we go to Sam's and buy inventory, then go to work and stock it.  I hope Ron called in the trips, it's after 5.

At any rate, that's it for now.  Have a good one!  (((Hugs)))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad it was a pretty good day for you overall.

Spankadoo said...

Happy happy birthday Dear Heather!!!!
Much love and many hugs!!!!