Friday, September 8, 2017

Half a Claratin

I had to get to sleep around 6 PM last night.  I didn't manage it, I kept sleeping off and on, waking up.  This usually happens before a delivery day.  My body is used to getting up at four, not two.

So I got up, took my shower, fed the cats, etc.  Interesting story about feeding the cats.  Last night, when I fed Biscuit his dry food, he gorged himself on it and then threw up in the food bowl.  He does this sometimes.  Biscuit's a puker, I've never really doubted why he ended up in the woods looking for a new home.  He probably got sick on someone's leather couch.

Anyway, this morning, since someone had ruined last night's feeding, I fed them some dry food.  Just 1/3 of a cup.  They were delighted.  Biscuit started gorging himself again and Baby Girl came to me, whining.  She whines when she begs.

So I moved him and let her get some access.  She was happy and rubbed up against my leg, later.  She has certainly forgiven me for microchipping her.

I'm glad I did it.  I don't really "own" her, not the way I think I ought to.  I tend to see her as "Ron's cat".  I write her as "Ron's cat" because she's always with him, but maybe he needs her more than I do.  I can't forget she slept with me the night Bubba died.

Torbie, not to be left out, is sitting on my foot.  Oh, she left.

Back to work.  We had a 3:45 AM pickup.  We live just within the limit, you have to live within 1/2 mile (1 km) of a bus stop to get this service.  And we do.

So, we boarded the vehicle, talked to the driver.  Of course the flood is on everyone's mind, that's what we talk about after exchanging greetings "Did you flood?".

We had to pick up someone else who works at the plant.  He lives in the opposite direction.  I will say he was ready to go when we got there, a lot of times early morning pickups are not ready.  And it wasn't the dialysis run, either, where we pick up everyone with bad kidneys in our part of Houston, going to get early dialysis.  It can get kind of crowded picking all of them up, especially since a lot of them bring large blankets, pillows, tote bags, etc.

We got to work.  The other guy jumped off, it took a little while to unload Ron in his wheelchair.  His legs have been bothering him lately.  We went into the building.

I would say I had to do a moderate stock.  I didn't have a lot of inventory because it's been slow, so I stocked what I could and left it at that.  I helped Ron, I checked in the Dr Pepper delivery (they sent everything except the Dr Pepper), and I helped Ron some more.

I talked to the other vendors.  Basically, after the theft, they submitted a joint invoice for both of us.  Work will issue a check to the other vendors, and then they will give us a check for "our" share.  I am OK with that.

I can be territorial, I admit it, better to let clearer heads deal with management.  I would probably say something regrettable.  It would be true, 100%, but it would be regrettable.

So I am OK with that.  They got a very large delivery of supplies to make up for what was stolen.  They got most of them, so that's good.  At least they can stock.

We worked, I did an inventory for tomorrow, and we left.  We stopped at the other vendor's vending machine on the way out, and bought Ron some "Jalapeno Poppers".  He likes them a lot.

If we try to buy them from the other vendor, they just give them to us.  I don't want to take their inventory, even if they're giving it.  So we bought it out of the machine.  The machine is not going to argue, and will only sell us the product if we insert the required 70 cents.

Then we left.  Ron ate the snack in his wheelchair as I pushed him.  We went outside and waited.  The weather is a lot cooler and very pleasant.  Our ride came in about 5 minutes.

She's a nice lady.  She did a good job securing the wheelchair.  But...she had to get political.  She kept running down the president, praising the former president, talking about FEMA, etc.

She said her grandson's car flooded out, and he didn't have insurance.  He thought FEMA was going to buy him a new one, and was quite upset when they didn't.

Hey, buddy, you're the one who failed to get comprehensive coverage on your car.  If you don't insure it, you don't get any money.  I thought that was common sense.

And what if he got into an accident, without insurance?  That's a crime, driving around without insurance.

I was particularly annoyed at her bashing the president.  Did the last president donate $1 million of his own money to disaster relief?  No.  But he could write her a check for $1000 and she would complain it wasn't $2000.

We picked up a lady at an Asian grocery store, and took her home.  She lived right around the corner from the store.  Then the driver took us home.

It's funny, some of the drivers really get annoyed when you give them directions (I'm thinking of Lou).  Other drivers practically demand them, even if I'm in an unfamiliar area.  It's interesting.  All the drivers have GPS.

We got home and unloaded Ron.  He opened the garage door with his remote and we went inside.  And there's Baby Girl!  She is so faithful, she always meets us at the door.  Torbie doesn't, Biscuit will, on occasion, but Baby Girl is a constant.

I gave her a pet (not a lot, she doesn't like a lot of petting), and ate a snack.  I took my pills, including my allergy pill.

I have been cutting Claratin in half and taking a half every day.  My eyes were very itchy from all the mold in the air.  My eyes are better today, I am able to sleep (except last night), but I have a horrible dry mouth.  That's not fun.

I took a nap and woke up ahead of time.  So I got on the computer.

I have been getting pretty slack about my God Time, I need to get better about that.  Tomorrow we make our inventory run and that should be interesting.

They have been out of bottled sodas for 2 weeks.  Will they have them in stock?

We'll see.  

1 comment:

Spankadoo said...

Ever since they invented chipping every rescue we took in was chipped
You just never know and they can not tell a stranger where they live
Sending love

I read all your posts but do not have wifi in my new place yet.

No regrets anymore I did the correct thing OOOXXX