Friday, May 22, 2015

Magic spit

Ron has been dying for a Carl's Junior breakfast.  I didn't have much appetite, and ate half a hamburger, glad I'd found my 12-hour "mucus relief" pills.  I can get a little congested without them at present. 

He got his loaded burrito and his own drink (pretty stupid to share with me sick).  He also ate what I believe was a large order of tater tots.  He groaned with joy as he finished, and collapsed into a happy carb coma when he got home. 


We had to go to work.  We had to at least do an inventory.  I was "pretty sure" we had "everything" but they don't want to hear it when you're out of their drink!

Did I want to go?  No.  I still feel exhausted and mildly feverish.  The last thing I wanted to do was work. 

Happily, I do not have a headache.  Still "just" the fatigue, dry cough, mild fever, and congestion (moderate).  I also have anorexia - no appetite, which is typical when I am "pretty sick". 

Focusing on the positive: no headache, no abdominal pain, no nausea or vomiting.  I usually get multiples of that when I'm really sick.  I don't have a runny nose, either, and even the sore throat is gone.  

Last night, Ron bought me 2 large pizzas on special.  He ate a couple slices of the bacon cheeseburger pizza.  I can eat a slice or two, enjoy it, with medication, and get a fairly decent amount of protein.   He tries to take care of me when he can. 

I thought about getting a shake, which did look good, but reminded myself sugar impedes the immune system.  If I want to get better, I need to avoid sugar. 

I may have a little ice cream later.  Making sure I have a small portion. 

Ugh.  I just have a general lousy feeling. 

My mood is OK considering.  It always is, when I'm sick. 

So, we came home from Carl's.  I did my God Time.  I had woken up "on time" and apologized to God, reminding Him I'm sick, and back to sleep until Shower Time. 

I was happy to get my quality time in there. 

Torbie and Biscuit have been my faithful companions in all of this (Biscuit is the "grayer" one of the boys), sleeping with me whenever I lie down. 

I didn't sleep. 

We went to work.  It was a little busy, enough to relieve me, but not so busy I couldn't stock.  I had time to help Ron, do the inventory, and use my first aid kit on someone else.  That's why I keep it. 

We realized we don't "really" need anything tomorrow, so I got the day off.  Yippie. 

We came home, I ate some pizza, took my meds, and went to bed.  Biscuit joined me some time later.  I guess Torbie was "busy".  She did make a production out of showing up right when I got up. 

I think it is nice for her that Biscuit takes up some of the load.  I like having a cat nearby when I sleep, work on the computer.  They don't have to get in my lap or follow me around, but I like having them around.  They are happy to oblige. 

Baby Girl, and Gravy, are bonded to Daddy.  Baby Girl's tail is looking a lot better, and I noticed she spent a lot of time grooming the injured area.  Good.  Cats have magic spit - it can heal anything. 

She has been stealing my TV chair, and since she's sick, I'll let her.  I can sit in my folding chair and watch.  I don't mind.  I am honored she wants to sit in a place that smells like me.  She doesn't have to do that.  She could sleep anywhere.  She has 2 kitty condos, two loveseats, two beds, a window seat, the garage.. but she picked MY chair. 

I am touched. 

No comments:

A trip to the hematologist

I slept OK but woke up really tired.  I hit the snooze alarm a few times, much to Biscuit's disgust.  But I'm getting ahead of mys...