Sunday, May 24, 2015

I must be over my virus

Depression's back. 

I must be over my virus.  :p  Too bad I can't lick The Illness as easily, but bipolar's for life. 

Anyway, a rough start to last night.  Some things I won't reveal. 

I did get my sleep, however a big storm system rolled in around 6:30 this morning.  We lost power for about 20 minutes, not a big deal. 

I think you're figured by now I try to plan for worst-case, and deal with it.  I did that.  I have a nifty flashlight I can strap to my head.  The dork factor is incredible, but it works great. 

I couldn't get back to sleep.  I was pretty depressed, so I did my God Time, watched some TV, internet.  I tried to take a nap.  That didn't work too well due to various neighbor "rackets".  I think the guy next door would be horrified if he knew how much I heard through my bedroom wall, but there's no way to tell him without looking like a whiner. 

The guy down the street was playing loud Mexican music.  Funny, the guys I know are veterans didn't make any noise at all. 

I did my best to ignore it.  I'm pretty depressed, pretty fatigued (pretty standard!), but trying to stay busy. 

Ron ordered a book on addiction.  He told me he's found it very interesting, the case study is basically describing his entire childhood.  I hope he finds it a useful tool. 

I have to step back, pray, NOT enable, and let Ron find whatever path God has for him.  The sad thing with addiction, much like my illness, it's never gone.  One can go into remission for a while, but it's waiting to roar back. 

I'm sure not going to interrupt him, reading it. 

Other than that, I had some good time with the cats, cleaned up the front room a bit, working on the bedroom, laundry. 

I wish I could have spent the whole weekend in bed but it didn't work out that way.  However, tomorrow is not a long day, at work. 

No comments: