Friday, May 29, 2015

Litter poop and a bulimic cat

In my life, even a day off...

I woke up to find Torbie lying next to me in bed, by my head.  That is my absolute favorite thing from a cat, sleeping next to my head.  I don't care if they get in my lap or even want any petting, but I love it when they sleep with me. 

That made a good start, until I found a lot of small grey feathers in the hall.  Sure enough, a blood trail led to a headless bird corpse in Ron's doorway.  I dealt with it. 

Biscuit had vomited (not bird products, he gorged on cat food).  He's a little bulimic.  He overeats and then vomits, but he's a healthy weight so I don't worry.  I cleaned up the puke (happily it was a single, dryish, lump). 

Ron was asleep, and I was a little manic.  I left him alone to sleep.  God knows I don't want to be bothered when I'm sleeping. 

I did my God Time and decided to try my shampoo cap.  Now, I like to say nice things.  So, I'll say it is probably very effective on women with shorter hair.  It didn't really do the trick for me.  I don't feel ripped off (I have 4 more), but I won't be buying any more.  It helps to remember I have oily, waist length, wavy, hair.  Like I said, I'm not hating, but it's not for me.  I may use them on Ron. 

I then watched Supernatural (the body swap episode, and the one where they go back in time to save their parents).  After the shows, I tried to take a nap.  The yard crew next door had other plans, so I took a shower and washed my hair "properly". 

In a pinch, I know I can wash my hair with a gallon or so of water, and cup, in the sink.  I did that when our drain line clogged several months ago. 

Then I tried to take a nap, but I couldn't sleep.  I figured, OK - I have a small mania here, let's use it, and did a pretty good job cleaning up the front room, while watching Grimm reruns (I never saw it the first time).  I did a pretty good job, but I did have a problem. 

I had recently purchased refills on my medication.  I couldn't find them.  I even went through the trash can, near my chair, because I recalled the medication being nearby.  I took out one bag, full of strangely sized lumps.  I prodded the bag with my hand, releasing a horrific stench.  Oh!  Yuck!  I just played with litter poop!   Ensue frantic handwashing. 

Later, I did find the medication, in the "logical" place. 

I worked on the bedroom for a while, pretty happy with the progress there. 

When I have a very small mania, like this, I have the energy, creativity, and motivation to do all those things that need to happen.  I try to use it to catch up on housekeeping and other "necessary" tasks. 

I am taking time to have fun as well. 

[sigh]  This is why so many bipolars don't want to take their medication - a small mania is great.  Loads of energy, everything's fun, even cleaning the litter box. 

I try to ride it, and enjoy it, all while staying properly medicated (and my levels are perfect per my last blood test). 

God knows the depression is coming. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,
This is a random question. Several months ago you posted about a new bed frame from amazon. I think you had a link to it. I need a new bed frame and tried finding that post with no luck. Could you reply with the link? Would you still recommend it? Thank you so much!

Split shift

This will be pretty short.  I got up early this morning, got ready, went to the warehouse.  We got our supplies.  I finally remembered to ...