Friday, November 15, 2013

Faith leap paycheck

Today was pretty insane. 

We got to work early.  Praise God we did. 

I pushed Ron all the way down the hall (half a mile) to our area.  We discovered 3 vending machines were down.  One is not accepting bills.  Two had coin jams. 

Ron and I got the soda machine coin jam, fixed.  The second one was more difficult.  I disassembled the mechanism and tried to remount it.  Couldn't.  Handed it over to Ron.  He couldn't get it either.  We ended up making a frantic phone call and getting some help on it. 

But I felt pretty guilty, standing there with the stupid thing in my hand, refusing to mount, or slide back.  Our guy got it in 30 seconds.  On that thing, we need a new coin mech anyway, so we got a quote on that for the State. 

I worked on the "not taking bills" machine but didn't have as much time as I'd have liked.  I'm not sure if I did get it.  Worst case it has a sister machine right next to it. 

Someone left an out of code pastry lying on a table.  Was it ours?  I don't know.  I will have to pay refunds on Monday. 

I tried to get at "The threes" (every machine is named; snack 3 and soda 3 are in the new locker room).  It was locked!  It has a big construction KEEP OUT sign. 

How am I supposed to get the money if I can't get to my machine?  Agh. 

So, with all that I really doubted I would get paid.  But I did.  Thank you God for that.  I have to buy medication and pay my doctor. 

Thank you, God.  My life is a little more adventurous than if I just pulled a check every 2 weeks. 

I ran up and down that half mile hallway, several times.  My pants are getting loose, I see why.  It's sure not my eating. 

Work ended with simultaneous demands: Ron's phone rang with Metrolift outside and leaving in 5 minutes.  The othe vendor's guy (the one who fixed my label gun) asked if he could borrow said gun.  I had to get it out of my hidey hole and show him where to put it when he's done. 

Then I bolted, pushing Ron in his wheelchair. 

Whew. 

After that, Walmart-during-the-holidays was nothing. 

No comments: