Saturday, November 9, 2013

Not so angry dead

You've all seen the movie.  A living person tangles with the dead.  The dead hate the living and try to kill them. 

Not quite.  "It is appointed for man to die once, then the judgement".  I actually got in trouble on a message board for sharing that my husband had a near death experience.  I have confirmation from a police officer on the scene, and the Lifeflight hospital bill ("resuscitation") that Ron was, in fact dead. 

The moderators of the message board told me if Ron had died he would have stayed dead, all other evidence to the contrary.  I felt an overwhelming urge to clunk my head into a wall. 

Clearly, Ron died.  The police officer just a few weeks ago telling me "He was dead in the road!".  Clearly, Ron came back, which does happen with pretty good frequency from what I understand.  I have met other paratransit passengers who say they died and came back. 

I believe, though, outside of "Time to go back because it's not your time to die", we don't have any interaction with those who have died. 

Mediums interact with familiar spirits, who as the article states, work for the devil.  You want to stay away from them.  They may appear to know personal details but demons are very observant.  It's their job to gather as much information as possible, on us, so they can use it against us. 

Say, for instance, I am strongly attracted to red-headed men.  The devil might send a seemingly devout, red-headed man to tempt me into breaking my marriage vows.  (Red headed men give me the creeps). 

So, stating something like "Your mother thought you were angry at her when she died" would be true, but it is also something a demon would know.  She is with Jesus now, she knows better (my feelings towards birthmom being very complex). 

Demons hate us.  Demons and the Bible  The want to make our lives miserable.  If granted the power by God, they would love to kill us. 

But demons are not the spirits of the dead.  The dead go to heaven or hell, or are sent back to earth to "finish their term" in an earthly body. 

The dead are gone, one way or another.  If you and the dead are believers, you will see them again. 

The demons are scary, but they can only do what is permitted by God.  The book of Job is really clear on that:  Job 1 & 2  Notice how the devil has to ask permission for every attack on Job. 

God, of course, permits these attacks to strengthen us. 

Don't be scared "of the dead".  They're gone already. 

7 comments:

Jillian said...

As a former Wiccan..I can attest to this, Wiccans don't actively worship the devil, but teach that we are gods,,and we all know who else in the Bible wanted us to believe that too!
I was an amazing tarot reader..I knew things I shouldn't have, but where did the info come from? I quit all of that when I became Christian again and disposed of the cards. The devil has many tricks and uses nuggets of truth to pull us in to bigger lies.

Anonymous said...

Since you are waiting on the rapture with much anticipation. Here is a bible verse for you:

"Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light." - Amos 5:18

Heather Knits said...

The Day of the Lord is a day of judgement for unbelievers, where they go to hell for eternity.

No one who loves God wants that. The Day of the Lord happens well after the Rapture, Tribulation, and Armageddon. [tips hat] You can go to Bible Gateway and type in "Day of the Lord" for more information.

Anonymous said...

No one will go to hell for eternity. That concept Christians have is just plain ignorant and wrong.

But you go ahead and spread your lies and false truths to people.

Heather Knits said...

I'm praying for you, because Hell does exist, and a lot of "nice people" are there.

It's funny, when a sh*thead dies everyone loves the idea of hell. You'll see it online.

The truth is, everyone sins. Romans 3:23 "All have sinned and fallen short..." and Jesus is the only ticket into heaven. If you reject His salvation, you reject heaven and buy a ticket to hell.

The truth hurts, but think how pissed you'd be if I agreed, and then you ended up in hell.

I really suggest you watch this: this is what drives me into sharing my faith. One of the things.

http://youtu.be/b7Dcwo-S8WM

Anonymous said...

So with your theory about Jesus being the only ticket to heaven what you are saying is that all the people in the old testament will burn in hell for eternity since they do not know Jesus?

Babies who die at birth also since we are all born sinners and children, right? But wait the christians make up their own theory about babies and children to make people feel good and say that they automatically get a free pass and go to heaven. (even though that is not in the bible).

Heather Knits said...

I have no idea about the OT saints. I'm not a theologian and I never said so. I believe they were all declared righteous at the time of Jesus' death. My belief.

I know a lot of people who love to debate "apologetics" and go digging around for verses, bickering and all. That's not me. I am just trying to share my faith.

Personally, I am not "vested" in babies and children. I have never had a child. I have never loved a child or baby that died early. God is just and I'm sure whatever He has done is equitable.