Friday, November 29, 2013

Come back!

I'm not sure where I left you, so I'll just tell you about the last couple days. 

Wednesday my aunt invited me to Thanksgiving at her house.  She actually had 2 dinners.  I said yes, Ron said no, my uncle came and got me. 

Nice to go to their house WITHOUT having a massive crisis.  I had a great time, my aunt drove me home. 

We brought a plate for Ron.  He loved the "Funeral Potatoes", and has been talking about them all day.  I also got him some sausage balls, a staple from my childhood holiday dinners.  He loved them. We had a lovely chocolate chip pound cake for dessert. 

Today - well, I knew today would be busy.  Up at 3.  Didn't do my God time (got it later).  Off to work.  Stock and inventory.  Did that.  I had a box of decorations and put them up on the vending machines.  Merry Christmas!  Went home (don't know why), got to watch an episode of Supernatural (I like it).  Then off to the wholesale warehouse, where I bought about 150 chips, 30 candy bars, and a couple cases of soda (soda has been popular, and it has a great profit margin).  We went back to work. 
 
Now, when I have inventory, I have to leave Ron with the stuff, go into the building, get the cart and wheelchair, and then come back to Ron.  Ron gets in the wheelchair and I load everything on the cart.  Then Ron hangs onto the cart while I take him to our area (about a half mile!).  I set Ron up with the drinks (he can do sodas blindfolded - ha ha), while I did the snacks. 

The trick with snacks, is to make it look full, even if it isn't.  Happily I had more inventory than that.  I made it all look GREAT.  Thank you, God for giving me the ability. 

When I was happy, I closed the machines.  Ron needed more drinks.  I got them.  He stocked them.  Time to go.  I put up the cart and wheelchair. 

On our way out, we had a horrifying experience - as we came out I saw the vehicle leaving!  No!  Come back!   Happily, she did. 

We had some nice straight trips today.  I really enjoyed it and never take it for granted. 

Still depressed, more of an irritable depression.  I found Ron pretty annoying today, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't him. 

When we got home I ate, took my meds (I have to take them after work because I get pretty groggy), and took a nap.  I woke up from a very aggravating nightmare RIGHT before the kid next door kicked his soccer ball into the side of my house and yelled "Score!" (I think he set it up to ricochet off the side of my house, into the "goal").   Happily, he only did it once, but I wasn't getting back to sleep after that. 

I found a plumply adorable Torbie sleeping with me.  I didn't even recall her coming to bed. 

I got up, did my God Time, and then turned on the computer.  I won't be writing anything in Broken tonight but that's OK.  I need to figure where Jenny goes from here.  I have a couple of "forks" I can choose. 

One thing I find sad, everyone wants to know if I have X rated scenes.  Uh.  No.  I have no idea who might read it, young kids, older ladies, my Dad (Dad is not into my blogs, though).  Ew.  One of my brothers.  That would be revolting if they read a sex scene I wrote.  So I keep it PG. 

If I can't make it compelling without sex scenes, I'm not writing very well.  Yes, there will be "intimacy", but I will allude to it; not spell it out in graphic detail. 

Anyway, I can think about it while I'm trying to sleep tonight.  I have to get up at 5 to get more sodas to work and stock them. 

God bless us, every one.  Christmas is our "high season". 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are " funeral potatoes" love the kitty pics!

Heather Knits said...

It's a creamy potato casserole. I prefer fried potatoes but everyone else loved them.

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/09/cheesy-hashbrown-potato-casserole.html