Saturday, November 9, 2013

More about pillows..

Well, the party wasn't too bad.  No karaoke and they wrapped it up around 11. 

Ron and I had a couple of arguments, one about my weight.  It's the same old "I deserve a skinny wife, who is a great cook and perfect housekeeper".  I'd like to see where it says that.  I weighed well over "ideal" when we married, so it's not like I "tricked" him. 

When I am thinner, Ron complains about the time invest in exercise.  He complains I don't want pizza and Chinese food.  He complains I'm not "enough". 

So, I have given up on tailoring my body to make him happy because he will never be happy with it, no matter what I do.  When I am ready, I will go low carb again for my health.  I have a family history of stroke and heart disease.  I don't want either.  Sugar also aggravates inflammation and that's never good. 

Then I tried to wake Ron up to document the racket next door (it got pretty loud for a couple of hours) but he shouted at me and called me names because I woke him up, etc.  He was so groggy I asked him what he'd drunk - he went ballistic.  Then I had to deal with racket next door and Ron's dirty fighting tirade for a good 20 minutes. 

I was just lying in bed, not responding (because that feeds it) thinking "I should have just endured the racket".   I read my Bible for a while and finally went to sleep. 

I had some really odd dreams, nightmares, really. 

I finally woke up around 7.  I had a severe headache, it wanted to be a migraine.  I took some Excedrin.  I did my God Time and took a shower. 

While in the shower, I mused about the Stardoc series and how terribly it had ended, I felt, in "Rebel Ice".  However, the author did write several more.  From what I can see, most were badly reviewed. 

I have to think the author got tired of Cherijo and "killed her off". 

[I have a problem with new characters wanting to add themselves to "Broken" and other plot lines itching to grow, and love stories (like Jeff) wanting to be fleshed out.  However, I remind myself it is ultimately Charlie and Jenny's story.  I can always write Jeff his own book.  :)  ]

I was pretty depressed after that, so I got out my new Gel Stick highlighter pen and started marking up Psalms.  If I liked a verse, I highlighted it.  That cheered me up. 

The Excedrin had me pretty manic so I decided to wash my pillows.  I don't have a lot of luxuries, for an American, but I do love a lot of pillows on my bed - real bed pillows, not those little squares.  I've had my favorite 3 for years.  They each cost about $10-15 each, and have the little fiberpuffs inside.  Instead of down clusters, they are made of poly.  Most bedpillows just have one big piece of polyester, especially the cheap ones.  Those are fine for my loveseats and chair, but not my bed. I like to fluff my pillows. 

The pillows aren't very bouncy anymore, and the covers are pretty stained.  I need to wash them. 

I could ride the bus to the laundromat, carrying the pillows in a garbage bag, but I'd rather not do that.  My washer has a bad belt (for the spin cycle), and washing a couple pillows would probably put the washer down for good.  Ron is so depressed he would hate taking me to the laundromat, and I don't want to "pay" by hearing hours of complaints. 

So, I got an 18 gallon plastic storage box, leftover from the stockroom cleanout, and filled it up with warm water and one of those detergent packs.  I washed 2 pillows, then rinsed them, and soaked them in a very mild bleach solution to kill any allergens.  I wrung them out (the nice thing about little puffs, they don't care if I twist and squeeze) and put them in the sink to drain.  When they seemed pretty dry, I put them in the dryer. 

I have another pillow still in the process, but I'll at least have something to sleep on tonight. 

It's kept me busy.  I also cleaned the sink and did all my dishes.  They tend to accumulate.  The sink is empty now, yay. 

I tried to take a nap but the Excedrin has me pretty wound up.  So, that's out. 

I'm just trying to enjoy my day off. 

No comments: