Friday, November 8, 2013

Unreasonable

I had to write a check to the water company today.  I forget about my hand tremor.  Most of the time it does not affect me, really.  I can type.  I can work, and take care of myself.  But that check looked like ones I used to get from very old ladies.   If I wrote more than 1 check a month that might matter. 
Sometimes I think "I should look into things I can to do cope with it" - not drugs, but simple coping techniques.  If I hold the pew in front of me at church, my hands shake.  But if I tense my hands and loosen them it helps.  It's doing it again, but I can stretch it out and that helps too. 

Today was challenging.  A very late ride to work, a driver who took the freeways during rush hour, instead of the side roads.  A very long ride to work as a result. 

I do get a little peeved, I admit, when they make us wait to pick up someone going to adult day care.  It's like, they can wait.  I'm going to work.   But it's important to the person going and it's not for me to rate. 

Finally got to work.  Ron was really rushed and pushing me.  We managed to accomplish every "Making a living" task we had on our list, but I couldn't find the refill for my label gun.  Ron suggested it may be in a snack machine (they have a storage area).  I mailed the water bill. 

The other vendors lost their label gun, so I basically loaned them mine for today, in exchange for them loading it with a roll of tape.  I guess I'm getting better at office politics!  Then I ran out the door. 

We got a good ride home, except for him wanting to play "Mr Politics".  You know someone like this.  [sigh]  Glad to get out. 

We went in and waited for our next ride.  When it arrived the creepy guy next door yelled he was having another, late, loud, party tonight.  Rolleyes.  He thinks I should just "tell him when I get loud" and "I will turn it down".  I tried that, it doesn't work. They laughed at me and turned it up.  They also party until 2 AM with very loud music, amplifiers, and last time, karaoke.   At 2 AM. 

I don't play games.  I just got in the vehicle. 

He gives me the creeps.  I listen to my hackles.  I am glad he stayed out of the yard and did not try to grab my door as I got in the cab, like he did a few months ago.  I have boundaries.  After I shut the door, he tried to open the back door, but I had already locked the doors.  I believe Ron also said something to him, as well. 

I am completely capable of yelling "Leave me alone" loudly and "Get off my property".  If that doesn't work I can report him to the police, they can come over and have a little talk with him. 

Texan men don't like people bothering women.  I love Texas. 

So, my next ride took me to Lifeway, where I'd put 100 New Testaments on hold.  I had to laugh, thinking the Devil really wants to punish me for getting Bibles.  I had a little money left in the budget so I got 10 whole Bibles too.  I went wild and bought myself an orange, gel, highlighter pen for my Bible.  All of it on sale. 

I walked over to the McDonald's and got lunch, came back and ate it while Ron called a subsidized cab.  The paratransit ride would have left us there another hour, it's not a huge store, and it was really busy.  I had Ron in a folding chair. 

I took my pills, figuring they'd make me very fatigued and I could catch some sleep before the party.  I did that.  Torbie even joined me. 

I slept for about 4 hours and started having strange dreams.  I was with a group of people, hiding somewhere in the midst of disaster.  Someone gave birth and they gave me the baby.  I got it cleaned up a little and wrapped up.  Odd. 

It looks like the party is starting next door.  Here comes the fun part. 

After the last party (because he was also hoarding too) I sent her a letter.  I have sent her a couple of letters when the hoarding is bad, and she thanked me because "We might have to move back in".  Her kids seem really nice and responsible. 

After the last letter, she called Ron, and gave him her number.  Ron called her and told her everything. She came out after work and had a talk with the tenant.  "This is a place to live, not a place to party" but the man was "busy mowing the yard". 

I believe the Baby Mama is the actual tenant, but she has him as "man of the house".  I feel sorry for her.  She already has a teenage daughter and a toddler.  Now she has an immature, selfish, Baby Daddy.  I'm sure he isn't good to her.  Whenever I see her she always seems very sad and frazzled. 

He works less than she does.  I am very traditional in my thinking, I would expect the man in my life to work at least as much as I do.  Ron does that.  Probably more because he does the accounting.   Ron is blind, head injured, and in a wheelchair.  This is a reasonable expectation, I feel: the man works at least as much as the woman. 

Especially if he is not helping with the housework. 

Am I gossiping?   Maybe.  I just think they're a train wreck, very sad, but I worry what might move in if they left? 

I don't think they would have another dog owner.  The dog, as you know, destroyed the fence.  See, I'm trying to think like a landlord.  They don't want that again. 

Ron and I also had issues with the kids next door (the renters) coming onto our property, with their friends, "after my ball" and looking into my windows just for fun.  They would climb over the locked gate to do this. 

So, I have to wonder, who's worse!  I'll leave that up to God. 

The sad thing - they really are pretty quiet almost every day of the year, just like all the other neighbors.  It's not unreasonable. 

Ron and I wonder sometimes what would happen if we moved to senior living.  He qualifies.  Would it really be that quiet?  But then I see the paratransit vehicles in apartment complexes, pulling in at 4 AM and honking loudly in front of the client's apartment.  I'd sure hate that! 

It's just like the "Who's a better tenant" next door question.  I just don't know.  I'm a human.  God has the answers, I have to give it to Him. 

Days like today that is a lot easier to do.  No way I can handle this on my own.  Not with my illness. 
 

No comments: