Sunday, November 3, 2013

What I think is right

I'm laughing at myself, at what passes for "Crisis" these days. 

I lost my Lifeway 20% off entire order coupon.  [cries]  Oh, I had such plans for that coupon. 

To start, a 20 count case of NJKV whole Bibles.  They are such a pretty purple now.  People love them.  They will go quickly.  That would have been 24 dollars.  That's my leftover money from the change jar, which I have been saving for evangelism. 

Then I wanted to get 50 Invitation New Testaments.  50 cents each, on sale they would be $20!  I might have gotten 100! 

[cries] 

Then I tell myself, maybe God is providing Bibles some other way.  I don't want to run ahead into the street.  We know the result of that! 

Or, maybe, I tell myself, God wants me to rest up for a bit.  I don't like that much.  I want to get out there distributing, one way or another.   But it's more important to do God's will than it is to do what I think is "right". 

God created the universe.  If He wants me at the sale He will lead me to the coupon, or give me another one.  If not, I'll stay home. 

It'll kill me, but I'll stay home. 

Besides, I have a punch card.  Once I spend another $40 (really easy for me), I get a 20% discount any day of the year. 

Some women have the shoe store, the manicure place, or the designer outlet.  I have Lifeway. 

No comments: