Wednesday, May 8, 2013

If you can't take the faith, get out of my blog

I chose not to publish two comments I put under "offensive attacks".  Attack me if you must, attack my husband even, but do not attack my God.  Don't tell me the Bible is full of lies and then pretend you know His will for my life. 

Here is a question for the one comment on the Bible Handout - what if I'm right?  Because I am.  I always have more pain, grief, stupid arguments with Ron, injury, illness, drunken blackouts, whatever, when I am doing handouts.   I have tracked it - anyone can by looking at the blog.  Type "handout" into the search bar.  I remember one night I was up all night hearing a plumbing issue I could not fix.  I couldn't turn the water off, Ron had been pretty vicious so I didn't want to wake him up, and I felt very alone and hopeless.  My normally quiet neighbors have all night parties.  The cat brings home a live rat and lets it loose in my bedroom (I still miss him, though).  Agonizing migranes, horrible mixed depressions, it would take me the rest of the night to type it up.  Sometimes the attacks start when I just mention the handout, before I have even done any prep work.  Othertimes it may come a week or so after the handout.  But it comes. 

See, I know why you want to minimize it - if the devil attacks people who are working to share God, that means the devil is real, and, by extension, so is God.  If God is real the Bible is real and you are a sinner in need of salvation. 

We are all sinners.  All of us.  I don't care who you are, if you don't know Jesus you are going to hell when you die.  You need to think about it. 

You may be pissed at me.  That's OK.  You would be a lot more pissed if I didn't warn you and you went to hell.  But now, having warned you, it's up to you to make a decision.  

I am a huge fan of letting the Bible do all the "preaching and teaching" to the unreached. 

I can't give you a Bible but I can give you some reading plans: 
Survey of the Bible - 60 days - key highlights.  http://www.biblegateway.com/reading-plans/survey

Read the Gospels in 40 days - just what it sounds like:  http://www.biblegateway.com/reading-plans/gospels-in-40-days/today?version=NKJV

If you want another plan, here's a link:  http://www.biblegateway.com/reading-plans/

That's why I hand out Bibles.  I want to share my faith.  I want you do have what I do; the knowledge that no matter how bad it gets, God can and will use it for good.  He has my back.  He died for me.  When I die or get raptured, He will wipe away every tear.  Peace and happiness forever. That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. 

I don't know if anyone has a relationship with God, and I've handed out thousands of items.  I have no idea.  A few people have told me they "are reading" the Bible.  But, as far as I know, no one has gotten saved. 

That doesn't keep me from praying for them.  If anything, I pray harder.  I see it as a sacred obligation to pray for the recipients, and you guys, every day, even if I have a vomiting migraine. 

I think if "I" had a lot of salvations (God gets all the credit for saving these people, I'm just a tool), I would have a horrible, bloated, ego and become useless.   Jesus said, in Luke 17:10 "10 So likewise you, when you have done all those things which you are commanded, say, ‘We are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do.’”

I am well aware I battle the sin of pride.  God has me working in a way that I won't know until The End.  I'm sure I'll be surprised, one way or the other. 

I'm happy God chooses to use me.  I see a very broken, damaged, woman.  God sees a woman with the guts to stand out there on the corner with a Free Bibles sign. 

I don't know your political beliefs: but the day is coming when they will not let me do Bible handouts.  I will be arrested, fined, and jailed for sharing my faith.  (You may think that's a great idea)  I am very careful to obey the rules (don't take money, don't touch the cars, don't impede traffic), but one day the rules will be changed.  I will be considered a "bully" speaking "hate speech". 

I know that day is coming.  I plan to hand out as many Bibles as possible in the meantime. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So is Moses in hell? He did not know Jesus when he died.

I am sure God's plan for you was to live with a drunk who suffers from blackouts and mentally abuses you every few months.

Sounds like a great plan.

Anonymous said...

Heather, ignore them. Hand out the bibles, there is no harm in what you are doing. If people don't want to accept the bibles, they will tell you. Certainly, if someone offered me the Koran, the Torah or any religious texts because they truly believed they were helping - I would not take offense if they did not fall into the realms of what I believed. I would take it and read it, or say no thank you. Carry on doing what you are doing. I believe that it helps you and I believe that your heart is in the right place. I know that I am also anonymous, but that is not because I am a cowardly fool who uses anonymity to attack others and yet not own my words. Ignore them, they are not worth your time or energy xx

Heather Knits said...

I think the way I do it is what people find safe. I'm just standing there. If you want a Bible, come and get it. I won't bite. I tell them all the time "No cult, nothing wierd, I don't want your money, and I'll be praying for you every day". I pray regardless.

Anonymous #1. Think if it this way. If I didn't have all the drama I wouldn't have the readership, and people seeing my faith in action. That's one approach. My "numbers" always go up when I have to deal with alcoholic dramas.

Personally, I would rather have a boring life and a small readership, but that's not up to me.