Wednesday, May 22, 2013

God made plenty of sparrows

I always have a hard time writing when depressed.  That's why I often to go a video blog instead. 

Today, Ron decided to reschedule the work week.  We work tomorrow after I see my doctor.  That's fine.  Then we go in again on Friday. 

He woke me up and asked if that was OK.  I was very happy to go back to sleep, although I need to watch it.  Too much sleep feeds the depression. 

We had a big storm front come through around 2-3 AM.  Ron made sure the cats were home and told me when I got up (yet again) to urinate.  My lithium acts like a diuretic, so I'm always going to the bathroom. 

I thanked God for a snug little house and a good roof, etc.  Prayed for people on Oklahoma.  Thanked God for the medication and good kidneys to process it. 

Ron is doing better, by the way.  I can't talk about it but he is improving and taking things seriously. 

I'll be glad when his head heals up (too much rum - a big crash in the bedroom - bleeding Ron - still don't know what happened for sure).  People keep asking him about it and giving me hard looks. 

If I were going to hit Ron, I wouldn't hit him on his head.  If I really wanted to hurt Ron I would hide his cat treats.  [snicker]  He loves to give the girls lots of treats, often, every day.  If he couldn't find his treats he would be devastated.  And it's completely legal. 

I won't, though.  It's very cute to watch Ron petting Baby Girl, "his" cat, as she curls up in his lap, on the bed.  She loves her Daddy.  It looks like she will be pretty petite, too.  She is only about 7-8 pounds.  Even at a healthy weight, Bubba was a good 11 pounds. 

Pretty Girl, "my" cat, loves Ron too.  We have found we can give them both treats in close proximity with no issues.  They might sniff each other's treats, but that's it.  No bad language, physical or verbal.  It's all happiness and enjoyment of petting and treats. 

Pretty Girl is a perfect fit for Baby Girl.  They get along great.  I was worried about that.  God brought both of them to us, and made sure they were compatible with each other, and us. 

Since I've been so depressed, I haven't been able to give Pretty as much attention as I'd like, but Ron is happy to love on her, too.  She likes him, but she loves me. 

She will not sleep with me, after a failed initial attempt she realized, as all cats do, I'm too restless.  I'm OK with that. 

I was pretty highly allergic to Bubba, and Pretty was given up "for allergies".  Amusingly, I have very few issues, even when she's lying on my chest right under my chin.  If I just pet Bubba and touched my face, I'd get congested and puffy.  Good thing Pretty's family didn't have Bubba! 

I still miss my Bubs.  The mockingbird babies hatched today, I found the eggshells under the neighbor's tree.  The birds love to dive-bomb the cats.  The cats like to "play" with it.  How close can I get? 

Bubba used to catch the mockingbirds and bring them home, in his mouth. Then he'd release them unharmed.  I caught many mockingbirds in my bare hands, and put them out again.  Bubba couldn't resist the sparrows, though.  If he caught one he'd always eat it.  Good thing God made plenty of sparrows. 

I have had some issues I would put under "sprititual warfare".  I am planning a Bible Handout.  Yesterday Ron appeared to have lost my work keys as I made the Free Bibles signs.  Ron holds my keys in case I get mugged again.  I don't want them to have access to work, and the machines. 

Happily, we found them.  They were stuck on the store wheelchair's hand brake.  Huh. 

Today, I tried to get "Where to look in the New Testament".  The clerks at the office supply store were clueless.  They could not figure out what I wanted (normally I can just hand over my papers and say "Here, I want this").   They used to have a great lady named Bea - well, she's gone. They were rolling their eyes at me, very rude and unhelpful.  I took my papers back and left. 

Next time, I'm going to Staples.  They knew what they were doing.  So, no tracts. 

Bummer.  I'll just use what I have, plenty of Grace and Truth tracts.  I even gave away one Bible to the door to door sales lady.  I'm glad she didn't wake Ron up. 

He likes to sleep about this time. 

Tomorrow, I see my doctor.  I'll let him know what's going on.  He's the expert, that's why I pay him. 

I just pray we have good trips. 

No comments: