Monday, May 27, 2013

All the nations

In the Bible, Jesus tells us to go out into the world and preach the gospel to all the nations (Matthew 24:14, Matthew 28:18).  Jesus tells us this. 

Jesus, the son of God, commands us to do something: I'm going to do it. 

So, to my way of thinking, all the nations means just that.  I could never work in overseas missions.  I have a serious health condition; a severely disabled husband.  However, God can use me here. 

All means everyone, right? 

So, I would like to know why I never saw or heard from the mormons, or the jw's, when I lived in the "bad" areas full of poverty, crime, and violence.  They need God more than anyone else.  If you're doing God's work, He will protect you; and even if He doesn't He will use the injury or death to further the gospel in that area. 

That's the way I see it. 

I just wonder how they reconcile preaching the gospel everywhere, to everyone, with their strict attention to nice neighborhoods. 

I find it sickening. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the point of preaching about Jesus? Ron knows Jesus but it has yet to help him with his drinking. People change when they want to. If they want to believe it is because of God so be it. But I know of many so called Bible believing "Christians" who are not exactly nice behind closed doors. Plus many are ignorant and use the Bible to further abuse and injure innocents.

I know the stock answer to this is well they are not saved to begin with and blah, blah, blah.

But the truth is that there is no conversion. Just a mindset that people have. If it helps you do the right things in life than great but preaching to the poor will not really do a thing to change their lives. There are many poor people who go to church, every Sunday. Yet they still act the way they are going to act.

Perhaps if Ron who is saved actually had a true intervention by God to stop his drinking I would believe it.

Also please don't use the free will nonsense as this is just another stock answer. If we are supposed to be filled with the holy spirit than Ron should have no trouble stopping his drinking.

P.S. if we have free will what would be the point in God returning to earth and establishing his kingdom here? There would be no sin, no choice and no more free will. Why would God do that? Wouldn't he then just have a bunch of yes men and women on earth. The very thing he wanted to avoid in the first place?

Heather Knits said...

You have some very strong opinions! (((Hugs)))

Free will is of course the answer, but I'll go another road.

When someone gets saved, they should begin to exhibit "fruits of the spirit". We are told they are:

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

I hope, if you are a long-term reader, you have seen an improvement in me. I have seen an improvement in Ron. He is turning from sin, taking better care of himself, and me, more loving and patient. I could go on but you get the idea. I really see it when I make a "stupid" mistake. Instead of raving for hours, he just moves past it.

To answer your last question: I think free will ultimately leads to the conclusion that we cannot manage ourselves, on our own; we need God. When/as we conclude that, He will return to set up His Kingdom, either in our hearts (at present) or for eternity. Rather than a bunch of yes-men, I think we will have conceded to Him; realizing His will is the best for all of us. When we go to court we accept the judge's decision, because we accept their judgement.

Do I think I will get a bunch of rewards for serving God? Some people say that but I honestly don't care. I just want to share my faith in a meaningful way, because it has sustained me in some terrible times.

I want others to have that - that's my bottom line - I don't want anyone to cry alone and hopeless, anymore.