Friday, May 10, 2013

"Unavailable"

Some days find me strong and able to handle anything.  Other days find me wishing I could crawl under my bed. 

Yesterday was pretty uneventful.  Ron went to the dentist, I accompanied him.  Today found Ron looking for "his" cat.  He called for hours.  She came home very wet, miserable, and pursued by a stray dog. 

Ron calls me Mama Bear.  I got Mama Bear on the dog and it left.  Baby Girl, grateful, actually got into my lap when I brought her inside.  She never does that - I think it's been beneficial for her to see Pretty Girl snuggling in our laps. 

"Huh, that looks like fun".  I'm not as grabby, either, being the properly medicated .6 lithium level.  So, she gave it a try. 

Ron got a little jealous and tried to lure her with treats.  That didn't work very well. 

I should add, both of us, over the last couple days, got lots of cuddles from Pretty Girl.  She loves to cuddle. 

Other than that, today has sucked.  I can't talk about some of it, for various reasons.  Mainly self protection. 

I'm battling depression.  I think the nausea is just stress. 

I can say I asked for peace and quiet so I could take a nap, and realized, after half an hour, that would not happen, so I got up.  I had a frantic search through the house for something that has vanished.  Something I need. 

Ron is, to put it politely, "unavailable". 

I will say he did warn me. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a long term commenter--never left anything mean or abusive, have left some pro and anti-Ron stuff, but if he stole your bi-polar pills, which is what it sounds like, it is legit time to admit he's abusive and leave. Forever.

Heather Knits said...

OH, God no.

He "just" had a blackout, fell, hit his head, bled everywhere. I couldn't find the [censored] first aid kit. Kept me up all night, the "usual" sadly. If this ocntinues I may need to go to my aunt for a few days.

Anonymous said...

Good! Well... not good overall, good it wasn't what I assumed. Poor Ron and you.

Sorry the past few days have been rough. I haven't lived with an alcoholic, but I have dated a girl who was borderline for a few years, and some of it seems... similar? The good times suddenly becoming awful times and vice versa, always cycling, never knowing what to expect. It can be hard, especially looking at the good things,and Ron does do them, and wondering why they can't always last.

Praying for you!

Heather Knits said...

It's remarkably similar to bipolar disorder, up and down, good and bad. Sudden descents into madness.

Ron is absolutely not bipolar, if anything he is dysthemic (constant low grade depression). I think, to some degree, he does "self medicate".

I do wish I could get him on a good antidepressant, affordable, able to coexist with alcohol, minimal side effects, but I doubt such a beast exists.

Anonymous said...

He is so sick and will use any excuse
Your fortitude is amazing!

Heather Knits said...

God puts it in me. [grin]