Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A busy week

So, after deleting two anonymous comments, how was my week? 

My strategy paid off: I had stocked up on diet soda and TV dinners when I realized I was getting depressed.  Tonight I was able to throw a frozen pizza in the oven and feed us both. 

Happily, Pretty Girl is not interested in people food.  She only wants the dry, grain free cat food. 

Monday was a long day at work, then Ron kept me running all day.  Tuesday, another long day at work, errands, and a Bible Handout.  Today I had off, sort of.   Working from home, we did the accounting report and filed it.  I had a good nap, watched some TV, and did laundry.  I also had some nice cuddles with the cats. 

I do "let" them out (they have a cat door), but they mainly stick to the backyard.  It is interesting and private, safe, no one in there but the meter man (I noticed they had altered my gas meter). 

A few weeks ago, I bought an automatic spray air freshener, it has a timer and "squirts".  I got the "fresh linen". 

I am a little concerned, I don't want to associate a certain fragrance with grieving for Bubba, so I bought "Fresh Linen".  Ron found it pretty horrifying.  We plan to use it to freshen the trash can. 

Monday, I bought a Hawaiian cartridge,  I was a little reluctant, though.  When Ron was in the hospital, he liked to use air freshener when he went to the bathroom.  One day, I walked in at the wrong moment and he maced me with Hawaiian Breeze.  It was in my mouth, nose, and eyes.  It smelled and tasted ghastly.  I already had a headache and sinus trouble. 

It was hideous.  I never bought it again.  That stuff would have made an excellent defense weapon. 

But, that was 10 years ago.  I was certain they had improved the fragrance, and this is automatic.  Ron won't be spraying. 

I really like it.  It's more a vanilla with a little fruit.  Ron got the Apple Cinnamon, but he says he likes "mine" better.  I have it in the front room.  That's been a nice surprise, and a lot cheaper than the plug in air freshener.  I bought the generic.  The one with the orange cap, at Walmart. 

I'm pretty happy I got everything done, in spite of a bad depression.  Ron is thrilled he got pizza for dinner instead of heating up his own TV dinner.  The cats are happy.  I like to watch them meowing at each other. 

We only had a little trouble when Pretty was in Ron's lap, and Baby Girl went after her tail.   Ron said she hissed in a way that set clear boundaries, then settled down for more petting. 

The girl loves petting.

No comments: