Saturday, May 25, 2013

Don't eat the fish plate

Don't eat the fish plate lunch.  I'm a little queasy. 

Man, I have a strange life.  It started out pretty normal, with a ride to the doctor, handing out a New Testament and Ron's "Don't take the Mark (of the Beast)" flyer. 

We got to the doctor, filled out the paperwork.  Ron whined about waiting.  I read a magazine.  It was supposed to be a fitness magazine, but it had ads for sex toys and some pretty graphic photos of a woman, in lingerie, lying on on a bed in provocative positions. 

I always end up horrified when I read magazines in waiting rooms, wondering about the formerly innocent children.  I am so glad I never had human children. 

Oh, I forgot: so, when I woke up, I found my cat lying on top of Ron as he lay in bed this morning.  "I only gave her one (translate - 6) treat, and she followed me in here!"  He thought I'd be mad, why? 

She's a lovebug.  She's got plenty of love for all of us, why would I begrudge him some cuddles with cuddle-cat?  Frosty loved me, but never cuddled with Ron.  I know he was a little envious.  With Pretty we both get "fed". 

I got him up, threw him in the bath, got him dressed, THEN we went to the doctor. 

Ron is kidding about letting me take photos of the problem, and put them online.  I will get a lot of hits, if I do. 

As I thought, Ron had an infection.  Doc went from "I've never seen this before" (?!?!) to "Let's get you started on an antibiotic."  We talked about allergies and intolerances, and Doc got him some Keflex.  Happily, a $4 prescription. 

I think Ron felt a little raped, after paying for my medication the other day.  I told him I'd pay him back but he only wants half.  He's probably just glad I take it. 

We had a great pickup and a straight ride to Walmart.  Bad news: Walmart, in the afternoon, on a holiday weekend! 

Happily, the pharmacy had the prescription ready in 20 minutes.  I think since it was one course of a common antibiotic, it was easy.  My stuff is "wierder" and I get 3-month refills. 

I shopped a little, and got some yogurt.  Ron has agreed to let me make him protein "shakes" - really a smoothie.  I have chocolate peanut butter whey powder, milk, plain yogurt.  You get the idea.  Lots of protein, decadent flavor, little carbs.  He can drink it as desired and really boost his immunity. 

He agreed, he doesn't eat a lot of protein, and if he wants to fight this thing off he needs "soldiers".  He's a smart man; approach him logically and he will do the smart thing. 

While waiting in line to pick up the prescription, a wierd guy came up behind me in line and started putting his things in my cart.  He could see fine, but he asked me to read the expiration date on his vitamins.  I told him no, asked him to get his stuff out of my cart, and took it out, handing it to him, when he didn't.  He got a little huffy but I turned my back to him. 

Later on, outside, I was venting about "wierd guys" to Ron and another wierd guy came up, listened to me, and asked me for a smoke!  I don't smoke!  Go away!  I told him "Smoking killed my mother, do you want the speech?" and he left. 

I get a little irritable in large crowds, when I have the time pressure of trying to get out in time for our pickup.  I think that was pretty "normal" for me. 

I am doing great on the Depakote.  I love it, I can think better, and my mood is more level. 

Unfortunately, I got the fish plate lunch.  I am pretty queasy right now.  I'm blaming the fish. 

Ron had the chicken, shared it with his beloved "Varmit" (Baby Girl Kitten), and went to sleep.  I can hear him rustling around, he's up now. 

Tomorrow, we stay home (Ron shouldn't be out like this anyway) and take it easy.  I need that. 

1 comment:

Jillian said...

I LOVE fish..but it can go horribly wrong in a restaurant. I remember one incident where I puked up a whole fish dinner after eating at a restaurant...Yuck!
Glad Ron went to the doc and hope he gets well soon. I've been on Keflex, I tolerated it well.