Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A good day

I forget. Sometimes it's important for me to celebrate the "small" victories in my life. For instance, Metrolift was late so I got an extra-long cuddle from Pretty Girl. Later, we had an hour and a half long cuddle session, as she curled in my lap, purring.

I don't see how anyone could give her up; but I'm glad they did. From what I can tell, she was only a few days from euthanized when I adopted her. I told Ron that's probably why I felt such an urgency to get to the pound after Bubba's death.

Other victories: the trash is gone. I had some brush and an old plastic storage box out back. I got rid of them today, and they took it. They also took the contents of the trash can, and I put it away when they finished.

It rained. We need it. Thank you God. It was a nice steady rain.

My refills are ready, so I can take my medication.

I had a nice shower this morning with lemon-scented soap. I like it. It also seems to act as a bug repellent.

The machines looked great, and are making good sales. If there's anything going on at work, it is furthering our sales. Ron and I got it all done.

I finally remembered to take my value line items to work, just in the nick of time. One of them was completely sold out, 2 more were getting close to sold out. I also stocked several cases of canned soda. Ron stayed busy stocking bottled drinks.

Ron's head is looking better. He'll have another scar but he has plenty. He said I did the right thing keeping him at home, when it happened.

A coworker, works for the other blind vendor, said his cats loved the (unwanted by my girls) canned cat food. He was even happier to get the treats.

I'm healthy, albeit a little queasy from medication. Ron is doing well, too.

Yes, I'm still horribly depressed. Today it wasn't as mixed, thank God. Just depressed.

I started my cycle, not fun, but expected. Someone I know is convinced my depression is hormone related. I'll say this - it is probably a little worse, due to hormones, but that's not the driving factor. I was able to down an Aleve before the cramps hit, so I won't be in pain.

Oh, I get horrible cramps.

We had good rides today and I handed out some Bibles. That always makes me happy.

It sounds odd to say when I am clinically depressed: but I had a good day.

No comments: