Monday, May 27, 2013

"For your own good"

Human or feline, I hate having to do the "It's for your own good" medical stuff.  It's one thing if I decide I want to check my own blood sugar, maybe it didn't work, so I had to do it again.  I'm the only one "suffering" (with my lancet, I feel more of a tingle than a stick, when I lance). 

Some of the worst moments of my life were giving Baby Girl (the first) eye drops back in 2004.  She screamed.  She fought.  They hurt her.  It was hell.  I wished desperately I could find someone else to do it. 

But it doesn't just apply to cats.  Say I had to check Ron's blood sugars.  Can you imagine what it would be like?  It would be fun.  I imagine, if I had to check his sugars, he'd carry on quite a bit.  Maybe use the word "torture" because I had to stick him twice. 

Sorry you have lousy circulation.  Maybe I would have him wash his hands in very warm water, first. 

I sure wouldn't want to be that person.  Now, imagine I had other issues on top of that.  "For your own good, I have to do this"  "Are you finished yet?"  "Ow"  And I'd want to do a good job, not a rush one, because I love him and want him well. 

But I can't talk about it.  I can imply, walk around it, and that's about it.  I would love to put up a photo, though. 

I'm pretty sure he's fine with me saying he is no longer drinking any hard liquor, and no plans to do so in the future.  He realizes it is a choice between his health and his drinking.  Drinking (hard liquor) has lost the battle. 

Thank God for that. 

He is still drinking beer but it isn't affecting him negatively. 

No comments: