Sunday, January 28, 2018

I have to let him fall

So Ron acted like a drunken sot this morning, getting up at 8 to start drinking, then passing out in the wheelchair.  I decided to ignore him and do my usual morning routine. 

I took my shower, but I had a problem.  My tampon was stuck.  I have been having some light spotting for about a week after my period, so I use light duty tampons.  Even that was too much, apparently.  I had a heck of a time getting it out and will be using light duty pads instead.  I don't want to go through that drama again. 

Yesterday, my hair could best be described as a bristly mess.  I used the 2 in 1 shampoo today, with conditioner in it. 

I climbed out of the shower and went and did my God Time.  Still working on Job, pretty depressing stuff.  I'm on chapter 38 I think, so not too far to go. 

After God Time, I decided to try to take a nap.  I couldn't sleep, too restless.  I finally got up around 1.  Ron was awake again.  And drinking. 

I didn't want to stay in the house, so I got dressed and got my bus pass.  Let me go put it back.  Done.  I forgot to bring some Driver candy, which I regret.  I walked to the bus stop, talking to my aunt.  I told her exactly what Ron said to the waitress.  My aunt was pretty shocked.  It is nice to have someone to listen. 

She had to go and that was OK.  I waited on the bus, remembering the day I found Biscuit.  He came out of the woods at me and climbed me like a tree.  Then he sat on my shoulder as I stood by a very busy street, waiting on the bus.  He sat up there like some kind of fashion accessory until the bus came, then he tried to board.  He is so cute. 

The bus came and I boarded.  A young man was flirting with the driver, who was old enough to be his grandma.  Maybe he likes older women. 

I got off at my stop and walked over to McDonald's.  I had brought my PM medication so I could take it with my food.  I asked if the ice cream machine was working.  One employee started to say no, but the other one said yes.  Evil!  Teasing me!  I grinned at her.  I ordered a double cheeseburger, just ketchup; fries, and a vanilla shake.  I ate about half the fries and then finished the cheeseburger.  I took my pills and then drank my shake. 

After that I walked over to the Kroger.  I am not a big fan of Kroger as the ones I've shopped have generally been in marginal areas, and had quality control issues.  As a result, I wouldn't, and didn't, buy anything perishable from the store.  I walked from one end to the other.  I picked out a few things, all told, they cost $14.  I didn't get anything heavy (not unless you count the 20 ounce Diet Dr Pepper), so it was easy to carry home. 

I am curious to try the red curry paste with some lentils.  It seems I could put a tablespoon in the lentils as they cook and get an interesting flavor.  We will see.  First I have to get up the energy to cook.  But I have it, if the mood strikes me. 

I like lentils. I like the flavor, the high protein and fiber, and the fact that they cook in less than an hour.  Shorter if I soak them, first.  Everyone says "don't soak your lentils" but if you do they cook even faster. 

I also got a dark chocolate bar with a photo of a panther on it.  It reminded me of Bubba (my black cat).  I will enjoy that when I get hungry, later. 

I paid and left, waited on the bus about 5 minutes.  They built a proper bus stop outside the Krogers so it is a nice wait now.  A lot of cigarette butts, though.  It's against the law to smoke at a bus stop, they're lucky they didn't get a ticket. 

Got on, had a pretty uneventful ride except for a near-collision with a guy in front of us driving "stupid".  Got off the bus, came home.  Baby Girl ran to greet me at the door. 

The house looked OK.  Ron was passed out in bed with his phone in his hand.  I looked up our trips for tomorrow, he made a trip home from work but not a ride to work.  Al-anon says "don't rescue" so I won't.  He can deal with the consequences when he wakes up.  He will either have to pay $40 for a cab, or take a penalty mark.  Enough penalty marks they stop your service. 

Only 25 minutes 'till the deadline.  He had better hope he wakes up.  He set an alarm, but turned it off when it went off. 

I have to let him fall.  That is probably the hardest part of the whole thing. 

In the meantime, I will do my best to have a good day.  I got some sun and fresh air, had a little trip, nothing too crazy, bought a few things I needed. 

The weather was very nice, sunny, mild breeze, just about 70 degrees.  So a good day to go out.  I love that we get this kind of weather in January.  Sure, we get apocalyptic sleet storms that shut the city down, but more often, we get really nice, mild, weather. 

Biscuit is lying on my foot.  I'm thirsty so I'm going to make up some drink mix. 

I am still having nightmares on the new Depakote so I plan to call my doctor tomorrow. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep going Heather one step at a time. Ron's choices don't have to be your consequences. Either be will come to his senses or he won't. Take care of you.

Anonymous said...

"Ron's choices don't have to be your consequences." Really? Since she depends on him for a job and income I would say that YES it does.