Friday, January 5, 2018

Not a bad Friday

I went to bed early last night and could not fall asleep early.  I have gone to bed as early as 7 PM some nights and drifted right off to sleep, but I didn't fall asleep until probably 9 or so. 

Yes, the bed was crowded with cats, that made it a little hard to move around as I'd like, but Biscuit left eventually, giving me the room I needed.  Biscuit's a big boy, especially when he stretches out. 

I was glad I'd taken my shower that afternoon, so I wouldn't have to take it in the morning.  I started it during the bad weather; it just seemed dumb to run around with wet hair in freezing cold weather.  I normally shower in the morning and let my hair air-dry, it takes a couple of hours but it looks better.  Anyway, I didn't have to bother with a shower when I got up. 

My alarm went off, I reset it.  Biscuit had found his way back to my bed.  We hung out for a while until I got up, brushed my teeth, fed him, and checked my blood sugar.  It was 100 - good.  Now I know cereal for dinner is a "good" choice.  And I had Corn Pops, probably the least nutritional thing you can imagine. 

I had a nasty headache, though, so I took some Excedrin.  I got dressed and ready.  Ron's alarm went off a little later, he got ready on his own, without my nagging him.  He thanked me for having clean clothes ready for him. 

He was actually pretty appreciative today.  If I didn't know better I'd say my blog is texting him and telling him to be nicer to me. 

We went to work; the driver wanted to talk about the horrible cold.  I told him I'm from Virginia.  Ron told the driver about the time my family survived a 3-foot deep blizzard one year.  Three feet of snow on the ground.  Another time, we had  a weather system so nasty waves literally froze in place on the birdbath.  It was my job to break up all the ice and refill it with fresh water, so I remember it vividly. 

The driver was quiet after that, and I didn't even get to the birdbath story.  Cold weather is no big deal if you have the proper training on how to drive, and the proper gear to get around.  We got to work.  Things were pretty dead. 

We stocked.  I finished all my work pretty fast.  As I was helping Ron, the delivery man showed up.  We got our delivery and paid the man, gossiped a little about some company changes, and he left. 

Ron"looked" at me.  "Do you have anything left to do?"  No, I replied.  "Let's leave early".  OK.  That's the nice thing about owning your own business, you have to get up at 2 AM but you get to go home early.  He called Alex the cab driver, who has been utterly fantastic for us.  Alex was happy to take the trip. 

Ron called paratransit and cancelled our much later ride home.  It was early enough that we didn't get into any trouble. 

We went outside.  It was a little cold, in the 40's, but not bad.  He had a coat in addition to his sweatshirt.  I had a fleece jacket over a t-shirt.  Alex showed up pretty quick and flung the wheelchair into the trunk.  He makes it look so easy; I know it's not, but he always has such a good attitude about helping us.  It makes me want really good things for him. 

He took us home, I took a nap.  I had a nightmare, got up, got dressed again.  Ron slept in his clothes.  He just had to put his shoes on. 

We went out to eat.  We had an old gift card Ron wanted to use.  Chuck met us there and we had a meal together.  Chuck and I had dessert afterward.  Ron was full from his meal, but he ate some of Chuck's dessert. 

The gift card worked and we went home.  Chuck told us about his dog, who is doing well.  We got home, got the wheelchair, got Ron into the wheelchair. 

I got Ron in the house and tried to take another nap.  I had really slept horribly last night and I want my immune system to be 100% with all this viral yuck going around.  I slept for about an hour; woke up with Biscuit.  I checked my blood sugar and it was fine, 110.  I read the 2 hours after eating measurement may be the most important.  Mine was fine. 

I watched a little TV and got on the computer for a while.  My mood has been OK for the day, a little depressed but not bad. 

I plan to go to bed early tonight, as I have to get up at 4 AM to get our supplies.  Not that I think we will need a lot, but you never know. 

For now, though, sales are dead dead dead.  Everyone acts so shocked when we tell them but it happens. 

Normally, though, not until the summer. 

No comments: