Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Wednesday

I slept OK last night and got up, did my routine (except my God Time).  I got to sleep a little late, got up at 7:30. 

When Ron got up we went to the taqueria.  Some things I can't talk about but I can say I had a diet Coke, 3 breakfast tacos, bacon and egg.  Ron had (??) and a couple of fajita tacos. 

We had a pretty good time.  Our waitress is a really sweet girl I like a lot.  The boss/owner is a nice guy, very hardworking. 

It's a shame they're no longer on the bus route.  I have to get a ride with Ron or pay for a cab.  But cabs don't like the trip because it's short and "worthless" to them.  So I'm pretty much stuck with Ron. 

I had a very good time.  It was nice to catch a quick, cheap, breakfast.  It was delicious, too. 

Our ride came and we boarded.  Ron was a little bit aggressive "witnessing" to the driver, I didn't feel it was appropriate to take that approach.  I didn't, and won't, tell him that because he will just become more aggressive but there's a line, and I felt he crossed it. 

I hadn't seen anything yet.  When we got to work, we have two televisions in our area.  The volume was moderately loud.  Ron began raving about the volume level and demanded I turn it down.  I did, and of course someone else turned it right back up.  Ron got so upset (again, I felt, over the line) and rolled off to find a manager.  While he was gone, he got a manager's phone number. 

While he was gone, I got the drinks for the bottled vendor and started stocking them.  Ron came back about when I got to the Cokes.  I turned it over to him and went back to doing snacks.  Eventually, Ron hid in the stockroom, away from the noise. 

He has dealt with this for probably 4 years now.  Why today?  I can't say.  Literally, I can't.  But it was exhausting for me. 

I got my work finished, the machine was good looking.  Well, both the snack machines were good looking.  I helped Ron a little with canned sodas but they honestly didn't need much. 

Work put in a monster ice machine, under pressure from the unions.  Great for the workers, lousy for our business.  People bring in a hot can of soda from home and a glass.  They put ice in the glass and pour the soda over the top.  They don't want to pay the 75 cents for a cold can of our soda.  Especially in the winter.  So our sales suffer. 

They actually tried to get us to put in the ice machine.  The first time it broke (after they bought it), they actually came to me (the repairmen) and told me I had to pay someone else to fix it.  I told them no, I didn't, as we only "Took care of machines that accept money.  Does it take money?  It's ours.  If it doesn't, it's not."  They were very disappointed they would have to fix it themselves.  They have ongoing troubles with getting the machine to work, but I notice our sales do go up when the machine is down. 

 Oh, well.  It's a draw; it gets people into our area.  Maybe they will buy a bag of Cheetos or something. 

We finally finished up and went home.  Ron was feeling ill.  He made it home without getting sick.  I ate a bowl of cereal and took my medication, it was about 3 PM. 

Then I took a nap for a while.  I know Torbie was in there for a while, and Biscuit finished it with me.  I got up and did some cleaning, talked to Ron, who was feeling better.  He is watching his favorite movie, again.  Happily he doesn't ask me to watch it with him, every time. 

We have tomorrow off; it's supposed to rain.  We'll see.  I remain skeptical if it will but the weather people seem pretty convinced. 

I just hope I get a quiet and peaceful day off. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you today
I took my meds and guarded my sleep
I have been six months away and feel safer and better than ever . Honestly I am almost 60 struggle like you do but differently if that makes sense and left the same kind of relationship only my husband was just abusive with out booze..he does however have severe mental and severe physical injuries that he refuses to treat so he can lash out at the world for his anger .

Mainly he lashed out at me. I get why you stay with Ron it is not up to the rest of the world to determine what you do and do not do ..it can be worse if we leave at the wrong time and our hearts always have “hope” they will somehow see the light

No victim should be blamed we should always support people who live in this kind of circumstance not condemn them and honestly I get it Heather with all my heart

But with all my heart I want to tell you we both were with these men during “formative years” so we grew up with them literally ...I no longer need the meds I took (to stay with him now I realize) my arthritis is minor fatigue is gone and each day I am alone in this world I feel stronger and prouder of myself. But that is me and I am much older live under differing circumstances in a place where victims are helped
sending you giant hugs and kisses and I wish you had a PO box because I know I would send you gifts if you did! OOOXXX