Monday, January 8, 2018

Monday madness

Ron woke me up repeatedly last night, and woke up in a really foul mood.  Great, I thought, this is just going to be a great day. 

We got ready and went to work.  Ron didn't want to change and he looked it.  I decided I didn't care if that "reflected badly" on me.  It was Ron's choice, not mine, and it made him look bad.  But we all know everyone who saw him judged me. 

Things were slow, I hardly needed to stock.  The other vendor's guy mentioned they were slow too.  One woman yelled at me because I hadn't stocked the cheetos yet.  Then started asking a bunch of very intrusive questions about our schedule last week. 

We finished up and went home.  I took a short nap.  Ron was gracious enough to "let" me sleep this time.  I got up at 12 and got ready to go to Walmart.  I had to make a deposit, I had to buy some stuff, so Ron arranged a trip to Walmart.  He didn't make it long enough so I only had about 40 minutes. 

I forgot about buying my preloaded debit card.  I want to get one for my Google account.  If they get hacked, I don't want my debit card getting out.  It would be a huge hassle to change all my auto-pays.  Plus, it's my account.  So I want to get a prepaid something and use that so if it gets hacked they only get $4-5. 

I would not have enough time to get one, so I didn't even consider it. 

I went with other things on my list, a small dayplanner, aspirin, candy for the doctor's office (I'm going tomorrow, to my psychiatrist), tea for Ron, Diet Mountain Dew for me, and some chips. 

I also made my deposit, I almost forgot my auto-pays.  I don't need my cell phone payment bouncing.  Or the other stuff. 

I got all that done, 95% of what I had come in to do.  I settled for that.  I will be back in a couple of days for my medication.  We also need to pay the electric bill.  The bill hasn't come yet so we can't, but hopefully it comes at or around the time my pills are done.  Then we can do both in one trip. 

Ron arranged a trip with Alex the cab driver for me to go to Doc and back, tomorrow.  The cab fare won't be cheap but to him it is "worth it" not to "have" to go with me to my doctor.  I try, really hard, not to be hurt. 

I also have to shake my head at Ron treating me, often, badly, and then throwing me at other men.  It's a good thing I'm a moral woman. 

Oh, something fun.  I was coming out of work today with my hand cart, going to get sandwiches.  I found a young man standing on the ramp.  He got out of the way and said "Go, on, Boo."  I went.  "Oh, you're a cutie!" he exclaimed as I passed him by.  It made my day, he seemed very sincere. 

I can appreciate flattery without being a home-wrecker.  It was nice to hear a compliment for a change.  Ron will compliment me on how I help him, what an asset to the business, I do a lot for him.  But never personal compliments about my hair or whatever.  Admittedly, he's blind, but would it kill him to admire my hair or something? 

I try not to be resentful.  It doesn't do any good. 

So, we finished up at Walmart.  I came home and bagged up more candy.  Then I stripped the sheets off Ron's bed (filthy) and put them in to soak with some pretreater.  Then I will run a load with some Tide to get the stains out.  I made the bed.  Biscuit "helped" by getting in the way at every possible opportunity.  He was quite hurt when I pushed him off the bed. 

Then I tried to trim Baby Girl's mats.  That resulted in some very bad language from her, and swatting at me with no-claws, just a warning.  So we will have to take her to the vet.  It's going to be at least a 2-3 person job.  She isn't raw or anything but the mats go right down to the skin. 

I wonder why she, of all the cats I've had, is prone, and only after 5 years.  Is she just lazy on her grooming?  Or is it a genetic thing?  I don't know. 

Torbie and Biscuit look like models, albeit very chubby ones.  Their fur is perfectly groomed and smooth.  So it's not the food. 

Now Ron wants to get some dinner.  He got pretty drunk and is listening to music on his talking book machine.  You can put music on a flash drive and jack it into a port on the side of the machine, and it acts like a stereo. 

What else?  I didn't check my blood sugar this morning.  I was tired and I didn't want to stick a needle in my finger.  The lancet does a good job of getting the blood without much pain, but it still stings, and then I have to deal with the blood because I always have more (blood) than I need.  I am getting pretty good at wiping up with my rubbing alcohol wipe, though. 

I only use 2 fingers, though.  I find that funny that I'm inclined toward my left middle and pinky fingers.  Other fingers just don't feel right.  Mm.  That could be misinterpreted. 

Anyway, I get to get up later tomorrow because my appointment isn't until 11:15.  I should be home by a little after noon so I can get a nap. 

Our ride's coming in 10 minutes.  I'd better get ready. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please talk to your Dr. about little sleep, existing at Ron's pleasure or not, little time to even eat or exercise properly. You sound like you are both existing, not really living. It's hard to function when you cannot make any good choices some days. You both really need to try for disability. You can't function without each other. Best wishes to you always, keep you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Just another say in paradise.

Anonymous said...

There he goes disrupting your sleep again, will you leave him now? A few posts ago you said as long as he doesn't wake you up at night you would stay.

Praying for you.