Friday, January 12, 2018

I need a nap

Ron, having 2 days off in a row, decided to stay drunk for the entirety of them.  He was OK the first day.  The second, not so much. 

Last night he kept making racket and shouting for me.  He was convinced the heater was broken, in spite of all evidence to the contrary.  He needed help with his pants.  And other things I ignored. 

He wandered around all over the house in his wheelchair.  So much so I took my medication off my table and hid it in my bedroom.  I didn't want him knocking it over. 

He shouted at 1 AM.  I told him, very nicely, to stop.  I was so impressed with my "class" I thanked God for it.  Because the fishwife in me wanted to shriek at him and bop him over the head.  When he woke me up at 3, I was a little firmer but still civil.  He was pretty quiet after that. 

When I got up around 8, he was awake and asked me about the heater again.  I assured him it is working.  It is.  It's a great heater, if I ever left I would want to take it with me (it's half the size of a room).  Great heater. 

I brushed my teeth, checked my blood sugar (103) and fed Biscuit.  I filled up the cats' water bowl.  Ron came out.  I "Pointed" him at Biscuit and put his hand on Biscuit's back.  He is still petting Biscuit and thinking. 

I told him to please dial down the drinking today, he had kept me up all night.  He scoffed at me.  I told him he had been drunk for 36 hours straight.  He asked me what day it was, I told him, Friday.  He just said "OH". 

And this is just one reason Ron needs to work.  If he isn't working he gets into trouble.  If he isn't taking me places, he gets into trouble.  Sitting at home = trouble. 

I had a headache (not a surprise!) so I took 3 aspirin with my diet Mountain Dew.  That worked pretty well on the headache.  I don't dare take my antidepressant though, because I can feel a tightness lurking, and if I took the antidepressant, it would clamp down into a migraine.  I've had some practice.  Been taking this for 8 years now. 

So Ron is quiet, albeit a huge obstacle in the hallway.  He pet Biscuit so much Baby Girl got jealous.  Pretty funny, she always plays "hard to pet". 

Not sure what I'm doing today, but I will take my shower and do my God Time.  Just for fun, ever since it got cold I stopped shaving my legs. . They are pretty impressive now.  At first glance, they look like "man" legs.  But it's one less hassle for me.  I will, of course, start shaving them when the weather gets warm and the capris come out of the closet, but for now it is my little secret. 

It sure takes a lot less time in the shower if I'm not shaving them. 

Hopefully Ron will go to bed and sleep for a while, I need a break.  After last night, I also need a nap. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That "if I ever left" sounds promising. 😉 I know you take your vows seriously, but God wants self respect and happiness for his people.

Anonymous said...

LOL laughing at the image because my legs are so hairy you could braid them now !!!! A lot of us do that during the winter!

Anonymous said...

God wants you to "deny yourself" take up your cross and follow him. Google it.