Saturday, January 13, 2018

The day didn't suck, after all

I went to bed with a migraine.  It was bad enough I took a Phenergan before I went to bed.  I woke up with a migraine.  I took some Excedrin and drank a Diet Mountain Dew.  I got up, got dressed, ready to go. 

Our Sam's club did not close, although many did, this week.  I am very happy about that. 

We got there after they opened so we didn't have to wait in the cold.  By this point, the pain relievers had done a pretty good job of taking the worst of my migraine.  Good.  I got my "buggy" and the list, cash from Ron, and headed off to do my shopping. 

I looked at vitamins for me, but didn't see one I liked.  I wanted Iron in it, but no Fish Oil.  Fish Oil makes me evil. 

I did find some candy, and got some for handing out.  I got all the stuff for work and checked out. 

Jack showed up on time and loaded the truck, with the help of a cart guy.  I tipped the cart guy and gave both men some candy.  They were happy to get it. 

We went to work and unloaded.  I was still feeling OK.  Got everything into the building.  I put all the drinks in the fridge (hard work, heavy lifting), still OK.  I helped Ron stock.  I did my stocking. 

We did that for a while and went to Walmart.  It was an interesting trip. 

I didn't know we were going straight to Walmart, but I always carry certain items in my fanny pack.  Including my health insurance card. 

I idly asked the pharmacy tech how much I might save if I used my card, and she said she didn't know.  She snatched it out of my hand and gave it to someone else behind the counter.  Hey, I thought. 

They put me off to the side for a while while he got on the phone and typed away into his computer.  Pretty soon he came back.  $60 off my antidepressant. 

Since I get $4 generics (so to speak) I was worried I would "lose" that and end up paying far higher fees at the pharmacy.  I had heard a horror story to that effect.  But nope, I saved $60. 

They "had to put the order in" for my Depakote, though.  Didn't they do that already?  So I have to wait days more on that (don't worry, I still have some).  I don't know how much I'll save on the Depakote but hopefully it will be another $60 one, and save me another $60. 

I finally got my card back (!), paid, and got my pills.  I checked them all there at the counter.  Anyone with a minimal knowledge of pharmaceuticals understands I am seriously messed up mentally, and exhibits remarkable understanding of my desire to check my meds. 

One day they got me mixed up with Harriet, same last name, same birthday (different year) and tried to give me her diabetes medication.  Another time the intern working with doc put in prescriptions for anti-anxiety pills and sleeping pills.  That would be catastrophic.  So, I check. 

Sure enough, I had my Wellbutrin, Lithium, and Haldol (although I take the generic versions).  Good to go. 

I didn't have my tote bags so I wore the bag on my arm, I didn't want to put it in the cart.  I have heard a lot about things being stolen out of shopping carts, and I don't want someone snatching my pills, thinking it's the "good" stuff.  It is, for me, but they would just throw it away once they figured it out. 

I did my shopping.  I only got 2 small bags in addition to the pills.  I finished up pretty fast. 

Ron was very generous in giving me money for my medication, I appreciated that.  Like he said, it's in his best interest to keep me medicated (not in those exact words, but the general idea).  I agree. 

We finished up and went home.  I took a short nap and we went to Denny's for dinner.  Ron wanted some soup and a salad.  I had a chicken sandwich but it didn't really agree with my lithium (I take my "big pills" at night). 

We came home.  Ron went straight to bed without even looking at his vodka. 

It confirms my theory: it is better to keep Ron busy.  If he is busy he isn't drinking.  That doesn't mean I can control his drinking, but it's probably better for us both (we both, clearly, suffer from depression) to get out more. 

My headache never came back, thank God.  I was very happy about that.  The cats are good. 

We should be getting some cold (for us) weather next week.  Lows in the 20's and 30's, highs in the 50's. 

We have to go back to Walmart Wednesday to get my Depakote, and pay the electric bill.  But other than that we got a lot done today. 

I'm tired.  I will call my Dad in about half an hour.  He might still be on vacation.  If he's not, he's not, but I don't want to "bother" him.  Dad's the kind of guy who likes a phone call (at least from me) at a specific time every week. 

Anyway, that's it for now. 

No comments: