Friday, January 26, 2018

Thursday/Friday

I just couldn't get up yesterday, so I slept in a little later and went straight to work.  After feeding Biscuit and Baby Girl, of course.

Baby Girl has a new hobby, sleeping in the bathroom sink.  A lot of cats will do that but this is the first time in 5 years for her.  She is a good fit.

Our ride came, it's a driver we like.  He said we would be riding for a while and he wasn't wrong.  He already had a client on board.  We took her to the doctor.  She got there early but they had a bench outside and it was a safe place to wait, they had a security guard too.

Then we picked up our next client.  She was "limited" and rather annoying.  Reminds me how others must have found me, now then then, when I was manic, back in the day.  She wasn't manic but she kept relating these horrible tragedies and laughing about it.  "Someone got carjacked!  Ha ha ha!  They pointed a gun at his head!  Ha ha ha!  Giggle, giggle!  Someone got murdered!"  It was very taxing.

She was also told by someone she would go to prison if she didn't vote.  Makes me wonder who was that desperate for votes that they'd bully her like that.  She was pretty worried until the driver talked some sense.

We finally got to work.  She wanted to know what days we had off, I had to explain we are independent.  I don't think she really got it.  I told her about the average hours for the typical staring employee - 12 hour nights, six days a week.  She wasn't interested after that.  Not that they would have hired her anyway, you have to pass at least one test to be hired.

We got out and went in the building.  The outer door is still broken.  It's very annoying.  They just have it blocked off with a "door broken" sign on it.  We had used this door to bring our merchandise into the building, but not anymore!  Lucky Jack and I have a pretty good system for getting the goods inside.

The inner, security door, still works.  I have to badge my way into that door.

We got to work, we didn't have much time.  Ron had planned on paratransit picking us up and taking us straight, yesterday they rode us around for over an hour.  So, we basically lost an hour out of our work time.  I managed to do my work and help Ron with his, but we cut it pretty close.

For some reason, paratransit called us a private cab to go home.  A wheelchair cab showed up and took us home.  He did a good job securing the wheelchair.

I took a nap, I was still pretty beat.  When I got up Ron let on that he was engaging in yet another addictive behavior (not a chemical).  I was disappointed and pissed.  He wanted me to "help".  I said hell no, I will not.  He said I was "mean".  "Wasn't hurting anyone" etc.  I still said no.

He said he shouldn't have told me.  I told him I had already figured it out from his behavior.  I reminded him that he knew I wasn't going to help him with this.  We had a rather tense dinner.

I ate and took my pills.  Then I went to bed.

I had some nightmares.  In one, I was hitting someone (not Ron) over and over in the head, I couldn't figure out why.  I woke up and went to get a glass of water, but there was something in the sink.  It meowed at me.  Baby Girl.  I went back to bed.

I woke up around 9 and got online, did my posts.  Checked Facebook.

Now I will check my blood sugar, drink my Diet Mountain Dew, eat my protein bar (grimace) and do my God Time.  Ron didn't want to go anywhere today, which looks to have been a mistake.  Someone near us is running a compressor and he finds it really annoying.  He should have made a trip.

Oh, well, live and learn.

Edit: they finally stopped around noon. 

I forgot to tell you about Biscuit last night.  When we came home, he ran out in the garage.  We only open the door to the house when the garage door is down.  I left him in there to explore and did my thing.  I was busy on the computer when I heard him crying to be let in.  I didn't want to get up, so I told Ron to "Open the garage door".  I meant "Door to the garage".  He took out his remote and opened the garage door.  I yelled at him and he stopped it. 

I then went out into the garage.  The door was open a couple of feet.  Biscuit was cowering in the back.  I finished closing the door.  He cowered even more.  Thank God he is scared of the garage door motor. 

I called him, he came, and I picked him up.  He purred at me but didn't get into bed last night.  I guess he was still pretty freaked. 

And I've learned, the next time Biscuit wants to come in I need to get up and let him in myself. 

- End update


No comments: