Sunday, January 21, 2018

Good little pancreas

Saturday was pretty standard, we went to the warehouse, got our inventory, and went to work.  I mailed sales tax. 

A note on the sales tax.  A few years ago Doc had adjusted my medication.  I filled out the sales tax and mailed it.  What I do is fill out a short form (It's actually called "The Short Form") with the information Ron gives me, then fill out a check with the amount, sign and date it, mail it off to Austin. 

Anyway, the check didn't clear, all those years ago.  Ron got worried, then he got a phone call from a man in "Reconciliations".  Apparently I had filled out everything, even written the account number on the check, but had failed to fill out the amount.  So, I sent them a signed, blank, check. 

The man couldn't understand how this could happen, until Ron explained, crazy wife, new medication, very sorry.  They sent it back to us to correct and we didn't get a penalty.  He was very nice about it. 

But, it made me realize, some days I may need to delay taking my medication.  So I didn't take my Wellbutrin first thing.  It makes me stupid, it makes my hands shake.  Ever tried to fill out a form with shaking hands?  Or fill out a check?  Very frustrating. 

I took my medication after I had mailed the check, and I double and triple checked that I had done everything correctly.  Then we went to the bank.  We had (hidden in a bag) a large jar of quarters, which would pay a portion of the sales tax.  We did a "coin dump" and deposited it into the account.  This can be done if you are an account holder and the coins are sorted. 

After that we went home and tried to take a nap, but #7 was building a new fence.  He is probably the "Joneses" everyone's trying to keep up with.  He just put new siding and paint about a year ago, built a huge covered patio in the back, now a new fence.  It was supposed to rain this weekend (it never did) so I was surprised he would have his crew working in it, especially as it wasn't an emergency.   They were very slow. 

We went to dinner and came back, I was pretty wiped out, and went to bed early. 

I was tired, I slept in until 9.  Someone was riding around in a vehicle, playing the stereo loudly, just circling the block again and again erratically.  No way to sic the police on them even if they would come for that, so I just had to deal with it. 

Biscuit got in my bed, purring at me, nipping my fingers.  I got up to feed him.  No food, wet or dry.  They ate everything last night.  I fed him both mediums and brushed my teeth. 

I also discovered I'd started my cycle.  It was 5 days late, I was starting to wonder if it was going to show up.  I wondered about things like my risk of heart disease going up in menopause, and my odds of weight loss going down.  It's been pretty heavy today so it's making up for lost time. 

Just another sign I am in my 40's and can expect menopause pretty soon.  Yesterday I decided to start working out with the weights again, but then I had to bring the garbage can into the garage. 

Oh, I forgot to tell you.  I went to take out the trash and Torbie got out when I opened the door to re enter the house.  I scooped her up (she didn't go far) and had a blanket in my arms as well, I had used it to cover the jasmine during the cold snap (although the jasmine seems fine).  I went into the house and Biscuit kept trying to get out.  I had to push him, forcefully, with the side of my foot to ensure he'd stay in the house.  I felt terrible about it.  I don't ever want to touch my babies in frustration, but I did. 

So Ron and I talked about it and he made the good suggestion to just put the garbage can back in the garage.  I can throw away anything without the cats getting out.  If they get into the garage, and they do regularly, they just come back in the house.  I thought that was (and still do) a good idea, and did it. 

But now I can't get to my weights.  They are in the back of the garage.  I think I will work on making a path.  We have tons of work crap in the garage right now and I would love to get rid of it. 

But working out with weights can only be a good thing for me.  I will need to figure out a time of course, but I'll get all that sorted out.  The nice thing about doing it at home: I can wear anything to do it.  The possibilities are endless. 

Today was pretty quiet.  Ron just drank all day but he was quiet.  I noticed the dishwasher was crooked when I got up from my nap (not a very good nap, thanks to #6 and #7), so I hope it is OK. 

Tomorrow we get up very early to go to work, and get our Dr Pepper delivery.  Allegedly they had issues due to the big freeze last week and deliveries got delayed.  I hope that is the case.  It will suck to get up at 1-2 in the morning but I will do it.  It's only a couple times a month. 

When I checked my blood sugar this morning, it was 93, and that was after eating a dessert with dinner.  I have a good little pancreas.  I need to take better care of it. 

And of course I need to have my blood test done next month, to determine my lithium level and kidney/liver function. 

Walmart switched the maker on my Depakote so I have a totally different looking pill.  I feel OK after taking it, though.  I took my first new one tonight.  The new pills are a loud pink so it takes a little getting used to.  I spent about half an hour doing up 2 weeks of medication tonight, sitting in my chair, watching "The Blind Side" and worrying about the dishwasher.  I think it will be OK, though. 

If it's not, it's not a big deal, because I seldom use it anyway.  To be honest, I would have rather had a cabinet instead.  My kitchen is maybe - is, I just measured, 9 square feet of floor space, 35 square feet total.  Every apartment I've ever had, had a bigger kitchen.  But a big kitchen was not a big deal to me when I was looking at houses.  It had a window over the sink and was "big enough" for 2 people, if neither's in a wheelchair.  When Ron's in the kitchen, he takes up the whole kitchen.  I literally have to ask him to leave. 

So I really could have used that cabinet.  Anyway, I need to go. 

Have a good week! 

1 comment:

Spankadoo said...

The depakote I give the patients is pink too ..I am very “visual” I am still not use to it!