Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Just not a good day

I just realized today was pretty awful. 

Noise last night, finally stopped.  Got some sleep but not enough.  Woke up, went to work.  Sales were horrible.

To add insult to that, an ignorant guy came up to us and said we needed to lower prices.  Why, we told him?  "Because I have 3 vending machines in my shop and I know how much money you make".  It went downhill from there.  It didn't get ugly but the guy is convinced we're pulling probably 10 thousand a month - we are nowhere near that.  We told him repeatedly, you are making more money than we are. 

He didn't even know we have 2 vendors in the building.  If I could afford it, I would have an employee to do the unpleasant tasks, help Ron, etc.  If I had money I would dress a lot better and I sure wouldn't ride public transit. 

But: ignorant.  No reasoning with him.  That may explain bad sales, though, if someone like him is going around telling everyone we take care of all the machines in the building, and are "rich".  Neither is true.  I wonder if he's even paying sales tax on his "big" sales. 

And our sales were horrible.  I told Ron he can cut my pay if he needs to do it, he says he doesn't want to, but we may have to if this keeps up.  I'm OK with that.  I want to pull my weight. 

I also forgot to mail my health insurance so it may be cancelled.  I will have to see if they take the check or not. 

Just not a good day. 

Ron was fine.  He was his usual self, moody and wanting to go to "FM" (heaven) but that is pretty standard.  Ever since he died 15 years ago, he can't wait to go back.  It can be pretty depressing, especially when I'm depressed myself; but it's normal for him and he wasn't ugly to me.  That, and the cats, were really the only bright spots in my day. 

Last night I slept with Torbie and Biscuit.  It got pretty crowded, but we managed.  I don't see how foster cat parents can have 10 or so cats in the home, unless the cats spread out to everyone in the family.  I forget other people have kids. 

We went outside just a little bit before the pickup time.  Normally I like to go out 15 minutes ahead of time, but the weather precluded that.  We went out at about the time the ride showed up. 

And she was really sick with a horrible head cold.  Another highlight of my day, a steady parade of snotty, sniffly, hacking, spitting sick people.  Whatever cold is making the rounds in Houston tends to be pretty bad. 

When we got home, #6 was on the karaoke machine again, with his toddler.  She was blowing on a whistle and yelling into the microphone.  He was "singing" if you can call it that, and sounded very, very, drunk. 

I gossiped with Ron about him for a while.  I believe he is (also) sliding down the road to alcoholism.  He gets drunk at every party, and on a weekday in the middle of the day?  While watching a toddler (his wife's car was gone)?  Sad.  He is the breadwinner for a family of 7.  All his wife knows is being a stay at home mom and she doesn't even speak English.  If he goes "down" that family is in big trouble. 

I don't wish that on anyone.  I wish for the karaoke speaker to break.  :p  I wish for them to get bored of making noise.  I wish for them to assimilate to the otherwise-quiet neighborhood and not be "that house".  #9 called them "That trash", right after praising me for being quiet.  But I don't wish anything bad for them. 

I really hate alcohol.  If it comes out that he does have an alcohol problem, and this is behind all the noisemaking behaviors, I'm going to hate alcohol even more than I already do; and I have a pretty big hate-on for alcohol. 

Ron and I prayed for them to get bored, and they did.  I took a nap.  With Biscuit.  He's such a good boy, so fat and cute. 

It's hard to believe Biscuit fit on my shoulder the day he picked me to be his person.  I remember standing at the bus stop, wearing Biscuit like some kind of fashion accessory, waiting on the bus.  Good times. 

I had been horribly depressed when I left the house that day, but he, they, made me smile and laugh for the first time in a while.  One of the many reasons I had to save them. 

I got up and we went to the pet store.  I needed more cat food.  I never allow myself to run out, but I needed to restock.  I also got some of the soft treats Baby Girl likes.  They are expensive, very smelly, and soft.  She loves them.  None of the other cats likes them.  But I like to give her a little something special now and then. 

But, oh, they reek.  I had another sick person ring me up and I went back to Ron, who was sitting next to yet another sick person.  Notice a theme here?  If I get sick I will have no clue who infected me, there were so many. 

And I thought Walmart was bad, yesterday.  We have tomorrow off and I told Ron I wanted to stay home.  I don't need any more germ exposure. 

I have taken EVERYTHING in my arsenal, Vitamin D, oregano oil, olive leaf, you name it.  I plan, hope, pray, to get a good night's sleep tonight.  If I do, and stay hydrated, I should be good to go. 

I just don't need to get sick. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must have been the day for bad days...my daughter lost her job...and much more

Anonymous said...

I have been fighting the sore throat snotty sickness for 2 weeks.
My husband who I kiss every day didnt get it.

Heather Knits said...

I'll be praying for YOU to get better quick, and YOUR daughter to find a better job quick. I did hear on TV that January is a big month for hiring.

Anonymous said...

Thank you sister. Pray that hiring agents will overlook her felonies too. Stay warm. Cindy