Saturday, March 18, 2017

"You just want to squish her"

Sorry for another 2 days in one post.  Sorry I am doing this on about 5 hours of sleep.  I will endeavor to be coherent. 

Yesterday I had planned to sleep in, but #6 had a bunch of Mexican guys running around and yelling in Spanish.  Over the course of the day, a load of cement was delivered and a new patio foundation was laid. 

You may remember, years ago, he laid a nice big patio.  Then he converted it to a bonus room on his house.  I doubt he got any building permits and I know he didn't have permission from the homeowner's association, but guess what?  I have a big cat cage off the back of my house so I don't throw rocks. 

They finished up around 2.  I had wanted to take a nap because I was working a late shift last night, but that didn't really work out. 

We went to work and worked, stocking the machines, and got everything done that we could.  We got picked up to go home, around 10 PM. 

Not really a problem, except I had to get up at 4 this morning, and I had a hard time falling asleep.  I went to bed and tossed and turned for a while. 

It felt like I had just fallen asleep when my alarm went off.  On the plus side, I did have Torbie and Biscuit in the bed.  I rolled over on Torbie by accident and she moved, but it was nice while I had her. 

"She's like a big teddy bear" Ron said "That you just want to squish".  Very true. 

That reminds me I need to clean their litter box.  I'm going to go do that now. 

 Done.  They were pretty bad.  I tend 3 boxes. 

I hauled myself out of bed, ate a protein bar, and took my medication.  We went to the warehouse.  I forgot some things I needed, mainly, I think, because I was tired. 

We paid for everything, went to work, and basically parked it all.  We had already done our stocking last night. 

We came home.  I did get a pretty good nap for a little bit. 

Ron had made a trip to our favorite BBQ place.  He had scheduled half an hour to get there.  The ride was half an hour late.  Ron was really upset. 

The driver managed to cheer Ron up with a speedy trip, and I thanked him in Arabic.  He was impressed I knew how to do it.  Then he wanted to know how I knew he spoke Arabic. 

Uh.  Racial profiling?  I told him it was a lucky guess. 

We had a good time at the BBQ place and got our food.  They were half an hour late picking us up.  It was a driver we like. 

When we got home, all 3 cats were waiting at the door.  I fed them and they went their separate ways.  Ron laid down to read a book and I turned on the computer. 

That's it for now.  Hopefully I have tomorrow off, really off, no trips, sleep late, etc.  We will see.   

No comments:

A visit with the parents

So, my Dad's in town.  Along with my adoptive Mom.  Say what you will, she did raise me.  I slept pretty well last night - no noise.  ...