Monday, March 27, 2017

Pull over!

I was doing OK, really, until we got to the hog excrement. 

I woke up with a headache today.  I took some aspirin and drank a Diet Mountain Dew.  That will kill a headache, most days.  It didn't today. 

I got very excited when I saw the "terrible" apartment complex (Section 8) near work had a shooting last night.  2 people dead, four more in the hospital.  I started plotting how I could do a Bible Handout. 

That's how I work, something terrible happens, I want to do a handout. 

My headache got a lot worse after that.  I don't think the devil liked that. 

We went to work.  My headache was bad but manageable.  I did almost vomit at one point.  I was headed for the bathroom and a woman got in my way.  She was wearing a heavy floral perfume which just made everything worse. 

"How are you doing?" she asked me cheerfully. 
"Not so good." I replied.  "I think I'm about to vomit."  She got out of the way right quick.  I did not vomit, I wish I had, now. 

We went outside early because it was very noisy at work and people kept heating up food in the microwaves.  The last thing I want, when I'm nauseous, is to smell cooking food.  Especially curry. 

We have a lot of people at work who like curry. 

We left (I had done all my stocking and helped Ron as much as I was able).  I was so happy to see our driver, early.  He had another client in the backseat. 

I got in the front passenger seat and he dropped her off.  On the way home, I was hit with an overwhelming wave of nausea. 

"I don't see" Ron says "Why muslims hate pork so much." 
The driver (from Gabon, in Africa) "Oh, pork is very unclean.  Pigs eat anything (listing all the things that pigs eat).  Pigs even eat their own excrement!"
"Pull over?" I asked weakly.  "I need you to pull over!" 

He did, but not in time.  I got sick all over the side of the cab, the dashboard, and mostly, myself.  I was OK getting sick on myself but I felt horrible about the cab. 

I got out and finished getting sick for the moment.  Then I got some disinfecting wipes from the driver and began cleaning.  He said he would clean it up but I'm not making that poor man clean up my puke.  Since I had only had clear sodas at work, it wasn't bad. 

After a couple minutes, the cab was cleaned to our satisfaction and he brought us home.  I ran in the house and got him another package of disinfecting wipes.  I figured I owed him that much. 

He was incredibly nice about the whole incident. 

I have learned my lesson, if I have a headache I am bringing a bucket. 

I crawled in the house and went to bed.  I asked Ron to call in a compliment on the driver.  He deserves it.  He was very nice about it.  I would have been furious if someone got sick all over my cab. 

I vomited again, it felt like down to my bowels, and cleaned the bucket.  I managed to sleep for a few hours, woke up, the headache is marginally better but I'm still queasy.  I woke up really thirsty so I drank some powerade, which is sitting in my stomach like a lead weight.  I don't dare put anything else in my system. 

This, my friends, is one of the few days when I will not be taking my medication, because I wouldn't hold it down.  Biscuit has been very cuddly and affectionate, he is sleeping by my feet right now. 

Ron is singing along, (badly) with some music on the radio and having a good time.  He was nice and quiet so I didn't have any drama. 

The last thing I need is for him to get sick on the floor! 

We have tomorrow off so we can run to Walmart (and I can get more disinfecting wipes, cat litter, stuff like that).  Wednesday we're supposed to get severe weather so I believe them.  My aunt always swears incoming bad weather will trigger a migraine and I sure got a whopper today. 

No comments:

Scattered Shower

I didn't sleep well.  I was happy, though, when I kicked my foot out, only to end up in fur.  Torbie had joined me in the bed for a cudd...