Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Wild Yorkie attack

Today turned out to be pretty interesting after all. 

We went to the taqueria for breakfast, it was very good.  First, though, we had to get picked up. 

While waiting on our ride, outside, we were approached several times by someone's escaped Yorkie.  I think it was a Yorkie.  Whatever it was, it was small and very friendly.  It kept licking my toes.  It ran off before we could catch it so we called Animal Control to come get it.  I didn't want to see it run over in the road.  And some people are sick enough to hit the gas when they see an animal in the road, instead of the brake. 

Then our ride arrived.  It was the "control freak" driver who likes to dictate our every movement to the millimeter.  It was ridiculous.  He ordered me to stand still while he loaded Ron, then he got Ron transferred.  He strapped the wheelchair (locked it in place, basically), THEN allowed me onto the vehicle. 

Normally the driver just opens the door, I board, and then they help Ron. 

"This guy" I told Ron later "Is terrified of losing his job."  He agreed.  It's actually very sad. 

What's sadder, the guy was over 20 minutes late so he should be worried.  They like drivers with "On time" performance, and late drivers do not do well. 

We got to the taqueria and unloaded, "driver" style.  This time he ordered me off the van first, then he helped Ron. 

By the time we got in, Yolanda, our usual waitress, had moved a chair away from table 12, making room for Ron's wheelchair.  I thought that was very sweet. 

Ron said he wasn't really hungry, he just had a beer and some chips.  I had a cheese quesadilla with shrimp.  Ron ordered some Machacado tacos to go.  We paid and left. 

We had a nice ride home but got an unexpected call from the boss on the way.  It was a little tricky unloading him while he was agreeing with the boss on the phone. 

We went inside and put our food away.  I tried to take a nap but didn't sleep very well.  I guess it was all that soda.  I woke up really thirsty, too. 

When we got home, I had taken all my medication at once (I can do that) to get it over with.  It, however, tends to make me very thirsty. 

I got up and watched a little TV, cleaned the litter boxes, and arranged a trip to the pet store for tomorrow.  We need to get some more cat food. 

I always keep cat food in reserve, but when I buy a new bag I take an "old" one out, and use that.  Then I put the new on in it's place.  We are almost out of the current bag. 

They, of course, get wet food in addition to the dry, but I don't want to run out of any cat food. 

I did my God Time.  Torbie got in my lap while I was doing it. 

Someone knocked on my door.  It was the nice man from animal control, with the "Animal Control" van parked in front of my house (marking me as the "narc").  He said he couldn't find the little dog, it sounded like it had gone home, and he would keep an eye out. 

I explained I just didn't want the little thing to get run over, and I told him about the catio.  He had never heard of one and said, "Everyone should have one of those". 

I put that on Facebook and tagged the handyman who built it.  I think he deserves to hear good things about his work. 

I love to hear good things about myself and my work.  I think everyone does. 

No comments:

About my day

I woke up with a headache.  Agh.  I was worried it might morph into a migraine, but the Excedrin killed it.  Good thing, because I forgot to...