Monday, January 30, 2017

"Moving the heavy drinks"

Monday.  I didn't sleep well and I woke up with Biscuit lying on me, twisting my back.  I had to move him, he settled behind my knees as I lay on my side.  I cuddled with him for a while after the alarm went off. 

I took my shower and got dressed, did my God Time later.  I ate my protein bar, took my medication, and forgot my Claratin (I think, I didn't want to take another dose just in case).  I decided to store the Claratin (I take the kid's dose) on top of my medication so I don't have any drama.  I will have to pick it up, and take it, before I take my prescriptions. 

We went to work.  I was busy for a while stocking but took time to help Ron with the bottled vendor.  I am doing all the "moving of heavy drinks" zxxxxxxxx88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 - Bad Biscuit!  Walking on the keyboard!  He was so cute up on the desk I didn't want to evict him, until he started stomping on the keyboard. 

Work was pretty straightforward.  We didn't finish the end of month accounting things.  We will do that tomorrow. 

We went to the bank after work, Ron lugging a big jar of quarters.  I helped him carry it. 

We deposited the quarters and I got paid.  Ron got what was left, not much. 

We came home. 

Like I said, I was pretty tired, so I took a nap.  I need to wash my sheets but I don't have the energy, today.  I slept pretty well and dreamed, but I don't remember what about. 

I got up, brushed my hair, and did my God Time.  I had gotten up half an hour before I "had" to, I was a little annoyed I could have slept later, but it worked out. 

I got on the computer for a little while after I did my God Time, and saw a lot of political posts. 

The country is becoming more and more divided.  I blame the media.  They are pushing the liberal angle and distorting the news to fit their agenda.  I find it aggravating.  It is almost impossible to find a "clean" news station these days. 

I am experimenting with Channel 11 right now.  Apparently there were a lot of rumors our local animal control was going to round up, and euthanize, every stray in Houston, before the Superbowl.  Channel 11 did a piece disproving that and actually talking to animal control.  That impressed me, so I am watching them now.  So far, I like what I am seeing. 

I have been "unfollowing" a lot of people on Facebook who are just super angry.  In their defense, I have to say I saw a lot of very bitter and angry people on my Facebook, during the last administration, and a fair amount of them got blocked too. 

It's frustrating because a lot of the drivers want to talk politics and we are on opposite ends of the spectrum.  I am a conservative evangelical.  They are not.  It just gets everyone upset.  And I don't want the driver getting upset, while they're driving.  That's how you end up on the side of the road bleeding to death, the driver got upset and into an accident. 

We went to the local BBQ place, not as good, in my opinion, but OK.  Ron likes their food.  Me, not so much.  I generally just get a dessert item and a soda.  That will hold my pills. 

As we pulled up, a woman staggered outside and vomited all over the entry to the restaurant.  They had another entry door, but it had stairs, and I couldn't take the wheelchair through it. 

I had to steer around the mess, gagging loudly.  Ron: "Don't you get sick, too!" and got into the restaurant. 

We told a manager what had happened and he didn't believe me until I took him out and showed him.  Then he got one of his lackeys to clean up the mess.  Poor lackey! 

We went through the line.  You may not know this, at Houston BBQ restaurants they have a cafeteria style line, you go through the line and tell them what you want, they fix it and put it on your tray.  You get to the cashier and pay for your food, then pick a table. 

You don't sit down and order, like you would at a steakhouse. 

I took Ron to the table and then went back for the tray.  At my favorite BBQ restaurant, the manager takes the tray to the table for us.  Delicious food and impressive service. 

We sat.  I ate my carrot cake, it was pretty good but I would have liked a sweeter frosting.  Ron just drank a small soda and ate his food later. 

This morning, he was quite angry that "That drunken bastard ate my ribs".  After he had his 4 shots, he ate the ribs he had gotten for takeout on Saturday.  He seemed to have a good time and had a rational discussion about his preference for pork ribs vs beef ribs.  Turns out he was having a blackout. 

"I barely remember it". 

When we left, the entry was clean.  Good.  I still steered the wheelchair around it.  I don't know what caused the woman to vomit but it could be contagious.  I don't want the wheels going through that, and then all over my home, and I have bare feet. 

I'm sorry.  I'll stop. 

We had a good ride home but the driver wanted to talk politics.  We did, a little, but I changed the subject to cooking.  He told us his secret crawfish recipe, which involves a pound of salt, of all things.  Crawfish sound like a lot of work to prepare. 

I never ate southern-style greens or crawfish growing up.  I don't like them, I'll tell you that. 

I never ate a hush puppy growing up, unless we were on vacation, but I always liked those.  I like pretty much any fried fish, sweet potato fries, and grilled cheese. 

I never fix these things for myself.  Why?  Good question.  Probably because the cleanup would be too much work. 

At any rate, that's it for today. 

No comments:

I need to stay top notch

I had one of those nights were I slept fine, but woke up exhausted.  All this running the last couple weeks is wiping me out.  I did have ...