Friday, January 27, 2017

Delivery day

Yesterday I bought some cookies.  My adoptive Mom used to make these cookies in a saucepan on top of the stove.  You don't bake them.  You combine peanut butter, butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and oatmeal to combine ingredients.  I'm sorry I don't have a recipe, but try googling "no bake cookies" or "peanut butter no bakes", which is what Walmart calls them.  .They are very good and a happy memory from my childhood.  They have a hearty texture. 

Anyway, I bought 2 boxes (each box containing 12 cookies).  I ate some yesterday and went to bed early.  Then the cramps started.  I forgot the "hearty" oatmeal is a high fiber food and my system isn't used to that.  I had some wracking cramps for hours.  Not fun. 

I finally fell asleep but I didn't feel I slept well.  I got up at about 2:30 AM and got ready for work.  I didn't have time to do my God Time yet and I did it before I got on the computer. 

I watched a little "news" if you can call it that.  It seems like all news these days has a strong liberal bent.  I get sick of watching "propaganda".  If I wanted to watch that, I'd go to Youtube.  I want facts-based, unbiased coverage, but I haven't seen that in a long time. 

My favorite was the reporter who said that being gay is like being born with a disability.  I found that very offensive, as a person with a disability.  She was not gay anyway, so how would she know?  She wasn't disabled, either.  That was the end of channel 26.  Sometimes they put it on at work and it's just as bad, so I feel my ongoing boycott is justified.  Are they going to miss me?  No, but I feel better for it. 

Our first driver was pretty rude.  He overshot the driveway, then spent 5 minutes backing up.  The vans have the loud, beeping, "backup" indicator that is very obnoxious.  Then he had his dispatch radio turned up to maximum value.  It was overpowering, and very, very, loud.  I'm certain it woke up every neighbor on my block. 

We politely asked him to turn it down and he refused, he said "They never told me nothing about the radio and I need to hear them if they call me".  Ron called and talked to a supervisor.  They began calling for him on the radio.  He ignored it, eventually telling them "I was driving and I wanted to be safe" - then continued to have a long discussion with them, talking on the radio, while driving.  He did turn it down when they "made" him. 

Ron was angry and insulted the guy, but in a way the guy didn't understand he had been insulted. 

We went into work.  Finally, sales were better.  I had some stocking to do.  Which I did. 

I helped Ron move all the cases of bottled drinks.  I don't think his back will ever be up for that again.  I don't mind.  Praise God my back is still OK. 

Ron did canned sodas pretty much on his own.  Our delivery guy came and brought everything.  One case of Big Red was leaking so we sent it back.  The delivery man put away all the drinks for me, which was awesome. 

A while back, I brought home a 12 pack of soda from work (Ron had bought it just for me).  The cats went nuts smelling it and rubbing against it.  I even caught Biscuit licking it.  The deliveryman didn't know anything about that but did mention he had a cat and a dog.  Maybe that was it. 

We finished out our day after doing the inventory.  We came home with a nice driver, but he uses this horrible air freshener that, to quote Ron "Smells like a whorehouse".  Ron even told the driver that and he agreed, but the driver has said that he likes things "Fresh". 

Well, it's his vehicle, but whew! 

I was glad I didn't have a headache. 

We got home and I immediately took my medication, then a nap.  My meds don't make me go to sleep but they encourage it if I lie down.  If I won the lotto, I would probably spend a lot of time sleeping. 

I got up and did my God Time, then finished the laundry.  I watched a little TV and talked to Ron when he woke up. 

I plan to go to bed early, I got up very early this morning, and I also need to get up "pretty" early (about 5, probably) tomorrow. 

I hope you have a good weekend. 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I dont care what a person's political bend is the news is horrific, social media is too much for me. I watch old stupid scinfinand comedies or you tube there are some decent cooking vlogs travel and my favorite ones " strange facts" . I like Japanese media do you get NHK? They have such good low key shoes and the news keeps me up to date but is " bland" enough not to stress me out. I love the shows Anywhere street, Cool Japan and Lunch On ...i have no desire to go but they are just nice they take you along on wals lunches and " what cool thing should they send us? You maybe could find it online. My heart rate goes down with these shows i just know it..zero controversy lol! Oooxxx