Wednesday, January 25, 2017

"Is this 4, or 5?"

My internet went down yesterday, that's why I couldn't post. 

Yesterday was pretty quiet.  Ron and I went to Walmart, he called a regular cab to come home because he didn't want to wait 1/2 hour on the paratransit (he cancelled the ride home with plenty of notice, though).  I had some frozen stuff, a loaf of bread, peanut butter and jelly (the ultimate meal of the depressed person), a case of Diet Mountain Dew bottles (love the stuff).  You get the idea. 

I also had time to make the deposit for my health insurance.  I got that mailed today.  I even had time to get a quick bite from McDonald's. 

We came home and I took my meds.  I got confused and doubled up on some of them, but I'm alive today so that's all that matters.  As a side note, I did wake with an unusual feeling of wellness and energy today! 

I took a nap, and a good thing too.  Ron and I woke up about the same time and he started drinking.  A while ago, we had a discussion about his drinking.  He said 3 shots is "good".  "Four really helps [him] sleep" and "5 is a blackout". 

He held a brimming shot glass in his hand.  "I don't know if this is #4, or number 5."  I suggested he abstain, reminding him of the 5-leads-to-a-blackout comment.  He scoffed at me and downed it.  "I won't make noise" he promised. 

Since the internet, and the cable, was down, I went to bed early.  Ron started making noise right away. 

He was upset that toilet was "flushing funny", it flushes but it makes more noise doing it, than it used to.  I'm not overly worried because all the waste is being removed.  He screamed at me, wanting me to pour lye down the bathroom drain, our own little "drain line cleanout".  I told him I didn't have any lye. 

After he calmed down, I tried to go to sleep.  It's not just the light, I woke up a couple times on my own recently, without any noise. 

I should add, #6 is not the nicest guy.  He thinks he's a great guy, but one instance, he was blocking our driveway with a truck.  We asked him to move, he said "No, the guy will be gone in 15 minutes".  In the meantime we had a guy coming over who needed to get into the driveway.  Eventually our guy showed up and his guy had to move.  So I don't see him accommodating any requests of he won't even move a car on our property (this has happened twice). 

Ron, in the meanwhile, was making lots of noise, running water in the sink for an extended period of time, I think he was washing his garbage again.  He likes to wash all the residue off the garbage before he throws it in the trash can.  That's the only thing I can figure.  I see it as trash and throw it away "dirty".  We're not recycling these things. 

Which brings up a question, we're supposed to save water, right?   So what's the point of wasting all this water washing the recycles?  Wouldn't it be better to throw them away and save all that water? 

Ron kept muttering, crashing, and it sounded like he threw up.  If he didn't I haven't found it yet.  Yet.  This went on for hours on end (and one reason I don't worry so much about the light, even if my room had been pitch black I would have heard all this. 

I was pretty annoyed when I finally got up.  I told Ron and we had an argument.  As far as he was concerned, it didn't happen because I didn't make a video.  A blackout apparently only "counts" if I make a video or he wreaks enough destruction on his own. 

I don't see why he would want to have 5 shots, knowing it's going to cause a blackout.  I don't get that at all.  But I don't have a drinking problem. 

God willing, I never will have a drinking problem. 

We went to work.  Things were dead.  I hardly had to stock anything.  We did have a couple of issues, Snack 2 was out of nickels, and Soda 2 had eaten a dollar bill, and the validator wasn't working.  I fixed both those problems.  Everything else looked OK. 

We finished up pretty quick and went home.  I was exhausted.  I checked my meds, realized I screwed up (first time in over 10 years I did something like that), and took the correct afternoon dose. 

Then I took a nap.  At one point, Biscuit got in bed with me and laid in my arms for a while.  What a sweet boy.  I'm so glad I brought him home.  Torbie slept with me, too.  What a great nap. 

I woke up, at one point, with a headache.  I took some aspirin and went back to sleep.  I got up about an hour later, did my God Time, etc.  I watched a little TV and came here to tell you about my day. 

I hope you're having a good one. 

No comments: