Friday, October 16, 2015

Today

I slept in, woke up at 5 AM with a moderate headache.  I took some aspirin, put 2 Diet Dr Peppers in the fridge, and went back to sleep for a couple more hours. 

We had a trip planned, to the pet store. 

We were supposed to leave today but Ron got a pass due to the whole "crapping blood" thing. 

Glad to see it served a purpose. 

I took a shower (did my God Time later), and got ready.  Our ride was due at 9:30, didn't come until 11. 

I keep hearing how the service has all this great "on time" service, and I figure either they are the biggest liars in the whole world, or we are just very unlucky! 

We finally got there.  Ron had to adjust the pickup so we had time to get the cat food, a drink for him (I don't drink Starbucks since the owner said he doesn't want money from people who support conventional marriage), and a kolache for me.  As far as I know, the Kolache Factory is "cool". 

I was pretty queasy due to the aspirin.  It's an ongoing thing with my medication anyway. 

A Dr Pepper and some cream cheese kolaches helped a lot. 

I went and got the pet food.  The primary dry food is Blue Wilderness Salmon.  Ron also likes "Simply Nourish Grain Free Salmon", for the cats, but it has more supply chain issues. 

I admired the adoption kitties, all of whom wanted to live with the nice fat lady who smelled like cats, and cat food.  :) 

I have a full house, but I'll pray for you!  Like I told Ron, if they adopted the one-eyed solid black cat, these guys won't have a speck of trouble. 

I got some more Sheba.  They have a unit that has two small portions of cat food.  That is perfect for my gang.  They don't want a meal.  They want a snack.  The price was in my range.  I got one tray each of Seafood Entrée and Salmon.  I know they like salmon, but the seafood was even more popular when I got home. 

Speaking of... our driver arrived.  He asked Ron how he was doing.  Ron said something along his usual lines "Wondering why God made us prone to sin" or "Wishing God would come back" something like that. 

The driver is apparently The Man With All the Answers.  He started into lecture mode. 

I could tune most of it out, at first, he was just talking about some false prophet and pet theories about sin nature in humanity, but then he started in on the Bible. 

Don't.
Start.
With.
The.
Bible. 
Ever. 

Just don't do it.  I tried to ignore him, but the guy's 1.  A terrible driver... we almost got t-boned 3 times that I counted, on a 5 mile trip, if that.  2.  The guy can't follow directions.  I tell him to turn left, he gets in the right hand lane.  3.  False teacher. 

Bible Smugglers are my heroes.  I LOVE William Tyndale.  I told Ron, if I ever had a son I would have named him Tyndale and called him Dale.  Ron made a sour face. 

Here you go: William Tyndale

Anyway, the guy did a couple of things that bothered me.  One, he kept calling him Charles TINE-dale.  The name is WILLIAM.  Pronounced tin-dale. 

I don't want to get into all the details, so I'll highlight a few:
  • Secret society hid the "real" Bible.  All other copies destroyed, except for one, carefully guarded by the Good Guys over the years. 
  • Bad Guys try to promote current scripture as the Bible.  Good Guys attack them, promote the "true" word. 
God protects His Word.  He doesn't need people to do it for him.  He may need them to do some smuggling, fund it, or cover the process in prayer, but God can, and does, protect His Word. 

He is God after all. 

I just couldn't take it.  Between the false teachings, butchering of my childhood hero, complete failure to follow the most simple direction, and the abject lack of safety in his driving... I snapped. 

I shouted "Stop!  Now!" after he drove 2 houses past our house. 

"What, what did I do?" 

"Let me out" I said  "I can't take it anymore".  He unlocked the door and I stomped down the street to my home.  He followed and let Ron out. 

I still had to get my cat food, but I know how to open the tailgate.  I did that and was retrieving the cat food when he started talking again.

"You just need to know...."  I held up my hand. 

"Stop!  I don't want to hear it!"

"But I wasn't finished...you..."  I held up my hand again and leaned in. 

"I'm going to be quiet, and so are you."  He opened his mouth to protest "And if you do that, I won't call in (a complaint) on your horrible driving and tell them how you almost killed us three times on the ride home."  His mouth snapped shut.

"Well!"

I put my finger over my lips, and left. 

UGH! 

Ron was pretty horrified and upset, but understood when he calmed down.  For obvious reasons, I did not get a good quality nap

I don't begrudge him.  I think it's very sad that he's teaching all that, and even more tragic he does believe it. 

At one point Ron (who did not tell him to stop, and could have ended the whole thing if he had) asked "Are you a JW?" and the guy wouldn't answer. 

It's been my experience if someone is not, they are very quick to deny it. 

Later on we sat out on the porch (Ron and I, not the guy) and had a nice chat.  I like sitting out on the porch with him. 

He got drunk and may get a little much tonight, but we'll see. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are amazing I love how you handled that and in the end you let him have another chance good for you!

I would have gotten out too!