Monday, October 26, 2015

Safety is our goal!

I went to bed as early as possible, but took a while to fall asleep.  Then I woke up ready to go at midnight. 

Like a vampire. 

I forced myself to go back to bed.  While I may wake up, early, on occasion, it's been my experience the initial energy surge is followed by a brutal crash. 

I woke up again when my alarm went off, around 2.  However, I was tucked in, nice and warm, with 3 cats in the bed.  I hit the snooze, more than once. 

I finally got up around quarter to 3.  I took my shower and did my God Time later.

I drank 2 Diet Dr Peppers, ate an energy bar, and took my meds, but they didn't agree.  I was pretty horribly nauseous.  I don't know what it is, when I'm queasy, everyone wants to talk about steak.  Ugh. 

I can't go around saying "I'm queasy" every time I am, because it would be a real downer for Ron and rather self-pitying, in my book. 

Anyway, my Pepto tablets did the job.  Which is why I bought them, and have chosen to keep them at work. 

The morning was fairly uneventful. 

  • Dr Pepper came early.   The driver used to be a Metrolift driver and remembered us fondly. 
  • I almost got pasted by a semi truck.  It drove very recklessly around the edge of the loading dock and nearly squashed me.  It had a big sign on the back: "SAFETY IS OUR GOAL"
  • I will be wearing my reflective safety vest, next time. 
  • I put everything away by myself, which I think is my job. 
I stocked snacks, wiping out most of my inventory.  They really like what I'm doing.  I paid a couple of refunds and apologized.  Ron ran into not one, but two, women's butts.  They had bent over and didn't see him approaching. 

Oh-kay.  Turn your head and look.  You can see.  He can't. 

I got sandwiches.  The poor guy's ceiling caved in due to the heavy rains.  And his toddler is sick.  That has got to suck. 

We saw the repairman for the fridge, and sent him off to the other vendors afterward.  He was very happy to get the referral. 

We saw the other repairman.  Apparently they have to send out a truck to get us a label.  Hm.  I have the label installed in the machine though. 

It was a long day.  One of those "Oh, it's so long and we did it all, what are we going to do for the next couple hours?" - and we end up running out the door at the very last second. 

We went home. 

Oh, I wanted a nap, so badly. 

That didn't work out so well. 

I ate some yogurt and took my meds.  I laid down and slept for about an hour, before:

#6 got his yard guys out.  They did the whole landscape routine in his yard, and raked my front yard.  I was going to have Mr. (Yard Guy) out to do that - I find it really hard not to be offended at the presumption.  I AM able to care for my own yard, thank you.  For 95% of the year, my yard's looked WAY better than his. 

Anyway, they made a lot of racket, yelling, power tools, no way I could sleep.  No way.  I was so tired I nearly wept. 

I even tried to go back to bed when it appeared they had left, but they came back.  I did my God Time. 

They finally left, but of course I couldn't sleep.  Someone decided it was a good time to run a circular saw!  I got up around 3:30 and got online, helped Ron with various things, dumped half a gallon of iced tea on the floor, checked the mail, etc.  I'm also working on laundry. 

I sort of have tomorrow off, and my mood has been less anxious.  I guess that's a good benefit to the day. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate the sound of a circular saw! it rips through my brain!

sorry hope you get your sleep cycle back asap

so very important as you have said before good quality sleep!