Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Pretty worn out

Yes, Ron got really drunk and had a blackout.  I am simply amazed he got himself to bed. 

Biscuit threw up, twice, after I gave him his num-num (canned food) this morning.  Poor baby.  Praise God he did so on the tile. 

Ron woke up. 

"I remember something about the cat door" Ron moaned.  "What did I do?"  I told him, plainly, without any drama. 

I assumed, once I told Ron about his activities, he would understand he needed to change, but when he came out of the house he hadn't.  He was not presentable by any standard. 

We had to go to Sam's.  My consolation, they just got a bunch of new hires.  No one knew us. 

No cart attendant either.  I was so glad I wear a modest men's t-shirt, as I found myself standing in the truck bed, bending over, and accepting cases from Truck Guy.  At least I wasn't showing my bra. 

We got it loaded, went back home.  I took my morning pills and a salt tablet.  Ron changed and used the bathroom.  We went to work. 

My machines had been ravaged.  Pillaged.  Denuded.  Decimated.  Pick your adjective; I had a lot of work.  I got about 90% of it (sorry, didn't get the pastry), in addition to helping Ron. 

I recently set up the canned Coke where he can access it.  That makes life a lot easier for me, and I believe he also made a concerted effort to "save" me for important stuff.   I need to thank him for that. 

I made change for various customers, and sold a cinnamon bun to a woman bursting with child.  I worried her water would break right there. 

I'm really glad they seem to enjoy my selections.  Lately I feel anything is a best seller, as long as I stock it.  That's not true, God is blessing us, and I thank Him for it. 

Anxiety was still crappy but not as bad.  I still hate it.  Depression was kept at bay by business. 

At some point today, I was also gifted with a new sign:
I am sworn to secrecy, I'll respect that. 

It's a hard sign, it will be interesting to use this as opposed to the standard, "roll 'em up when I'm done" laminated posterboard (which doesn't have a long life).  It also gets me thinking I need to finish up my candy, etc. 

I took a short nap when I got home; but not very satisfying.  Biscuit laid on my legs, making it impossible to move.  #6 made some noise unloading groceries.  It's garbage day. 

I put away the trash can, got Ron started on the laxative, and if I wanted to "punish" him for the blackout, the laxative does the job.  I finished my God Time. 

I'm pretty worn out, to be honest.  I hope I have a good quality of sleep and wake up without a headache. 

Tomorrow, Ron has his second colonscopy.  I hope we get more answers. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck Heather and Ron! hope you get answers as well

Anonymous said...

That sign is so "you" from what we know of you the person.. who made it adores you! You need one of those lightweight wheelie carts then use the sign as your board to stabilize it? I carried white boards like that to meetings
Tell Ron that clear liquids dont mean 100 proof ! We want him well not more broken and with you on his side all he has to do ...really right now he can still with you as his warrior ..actually " get better" but his mind keeps rejecting common sense
Younare sonsmartbto hold on to limits ..and then thanks for the reassurance ...you have to sleep to do your jobs and a wife, the vending is all on you as your workload with Ron increases...evangelist mom of kitties full time total care 24/7 provider ( i know these are all number one the order is randomn you give your life to it all) ..
Fight for your sleep, eat your meals, blog meds you remind us to take " ours"! So i doubt you need it but if you do? Take your meds drink your fluids...do you color? Blog your blog...are you cooking anything new or doung any crafting ?

Love sent from the northwest crazy fans of three who have loved, agreed, disagreed and will follow your writing as long as you are willing and it helps you? It helps us!

You give a lot more to many more than maybe you know, somjust reminding you of your value in this battle!