Friday, October 30, 2015

Imperfect men

I went to bed around 8 last night.  I was sleeping pretty well until #6 made a lot of noise with their trash can, around 9:30. 

I got up, peed, drank some water, and unplugged my cell phone, which had finally finished charging.  I wasn't really upset, it was probably yet another diaper. 

Ugh. 

Don't get me wrong, I worked for several years in our church nursery, 9 months to 3 years.  If only they knew I was crazy!  As it was, I was seen as "good with the children" and a positive volunteer. 

I can't go into how I was drafted to do this, suffice to say I started to help a third party, then they liked me enough they asked to "keep" me, which my stepmother allowed.  The church had pretty progressive teachings, so probably a good thing I was kept away from the sermons. 

I did miss sitting next to Chris -my big high school crush.  Oh, I adored him.  He probably appreciated the break.  Wherever he is now, I wish him lots of love and happiness, he was very kind to me. 

He had a little bit of a paunch, and a thinning hairline, even back then.  He had pretty bad knees, too, and lovely warm brown eyes.  Ron wonders why I married him, sometimes, but I guess I have always been attracted to imperfect men. 

Handsome men put my back up.  I don't trust them.  Probably because my abusers were all physically attractive. 

I got a pretty good night's sleep, and woke up on my own before the alarm.  I'm still tired, always tired. 

And, today, incredibly stiff.  Truck Day and a Bible Handout were not the best combination.  My calves, hamstrings (those are probably work) and right bicep are pretty sore, even with OTC analgesics. 

Worth it.  I have a business to run and people to Reach, and that's a lot better excuse than "I over did my workout". 

I did my God Time, and planned to take my shower, but I got distracted watching Supernatural and missed my window on that.  We went to the mall.  Ron wanted teriyaki chicken.  He's addicted to it.  He likes to get some every month or so.  It's "just" chicken and rice but it's very important to him. 

So, I went.  The trips weren't bad.  I ate another store's chicken, pretty average. 

I can't talk about the next hour after we got home.  I wish it had been what you're thinking. 

Not even a hint.  

I took a nap, got about an hour before I woke up.  I realized I wasn't getting back to sleep.  When I went back in the bedroom later, I realized that was a good thing, the neighbors were playing with the baby in the backyard. 

Their gray car is gone.  I guess it finally died.  It was making horrible noises as she drove it.  Now it's just the 13-passenger van and his work truck.  We'll see if they get her a new one, or she's just in the passenger van now.  She has favored gray/silver colored cars and the van isn't, so I'm guessing the vehicle's being repaired or replaced.  Not my business anyway. 

They could always paint the van. 

I've had a pretty bad headache today.  MY aunt would say it's due to the weather front moving through.  Probably. 

"Never end a sentence with a preposition".  Funny how my schooling pops up, decades later. 

Ron's outside working on the gate.  He can work in the dark.  :p  Doesn't faze him one bit.  It keeps him occupied. 

We both wonder what his test results will show.  I am guessing some form of irritable bowel disease.  We'll just figure out his triggers and avoid them, maybe take medication. 

Not a big deal. 

Oops.  It looks like Ron is having difficulties with the gate tonight.  Well, either he'll get it, or he won't. 



No comments: