Monday, October 19, 2015

The Iceberg

I got a good night's sleep, thank God. 

I woke up and found the little boy next door running down my driveway into the street.  I resolved to mention it to a Responsible Person if I caught him at it again. 

When he gets run over, I want to be able to say I did what I could to prevent it.  You hear about it all the time, wild little toddler runs out where he shouldn't. 

Anyway, I went on with my day, and headed off to work.  Snacks didn't need much stocking, so I focused on helping Ron. 

At one point, a difficult lock that's been troubling us unmounted itself and came off in Ron's hand.  Great.  I managed to get it... or did I?  It wouldn't work for a minute but we finally got it done. 

The freezer guy came out.  Basically we have to thaw "the iceberg" that is our freezer and mop it all up.  Then he will come back and analyze it. 

Defrosting a freezer like that is a horrific job.  I am NOT looking forward to it. 

By that time, work was done and we went home.  I got a nap, praise God. 

I did my God Time sitting on the porch, enjoying a beautiful day.  Later on, Ron and I sat out on the porch, enjoying the weather. 

Severe weather is inbound later this week. 

Anxiety is better, but pretty post traumatic after finding #6's, kid #5, running in the street again, laughing joyously.  He really thinks it is a fun game.  "Come and get me".  I don't blame the child. 

I imputed, as calmly as possible, that was a Bad Idea, to the oldest boy.  "My husband is in a wheelchair because he got hit by a car".  I didn't tell him toddlers hit by cars die, but they do.  Hopefully the specter of the wheelchair will help them discipline him. 

I don't want to tell anyone what to do with their kids, unless they are just monsters, and they're not.  But I don't want to see him dead in the road either. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this time of year is a tough one here as well. Take care and be kind to yourself